Hiring English Teachers in Chengdu

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsHiring English Teachers in Chengdu

• This topic has 710 replies, 124 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoCharlie.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    Participant

FOREIGN Italian TEACHER NEEDED IN CHENGDU
    Classifieds > Jobs > Jobs Offered
    International Institute of Education (short for I2 ) is looking for a Italian teacher to teach students Italian on weekends.
    Pay: 150-200RMB/Hour or negotiable, with nice teaching environment, friendly staff and caring company.
    Location: Jinguan campus( near south second ring road chengdu)
    Requirement: Nationality Italy, responsible able to adapt in Chinese culture, stable
    If interested, please send Yoyo your CV to my email [email protected] with photos attached. Thanks
    Notes: Relevant documents :
    1.CV
    2.Photos
    3.passport copy

Participant

Learning Tree Education is an Oxford University Press (OUP) training centre, offering OUP English Courses in Chengdu.
    Learning Tree is looking for part-time English teacher for OUP RWI Programme, which is based on synthetic phonics, integrating the teaching of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
    Job requires you to:
    1. Native English speaker
    2. Hold TESOL certificate or participating TESOL training certification programs
    3. With patience and understanding in daily teaching for students aged 6 to 12
    4. Work on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, work from 11:40 to 19:40 on daily basis
    5. Up to 20 class hours every week from December 2013 to January 2014
    6. Work on one campus from Monday to Thursday and another campus on Saturday (Both campus are located within the third ring road, one connected to Metro Line, one with several bus routes)
    7. 8000 RMB per month.
    Program introduction:
    http://www.oxfordcourse.cn/eng/center/
    Company website:
    http://www.learningtree.org.cn/

Please contact Heng via email for job interview appointment:
    [email protected]

Participant

i2
    Established in 2006, the International Institute of Education (i2) combines highly motivated students with experienced educators. Relying on a truly international team of academic professionals, i2 is the alternative to monotonous English teaching mills seen throughout much of China. Centered on a philosophy that catering to the individual needs of students breeds success, i2 takes a wholly original approach to the study and comprehension of language.

Style
    i2 believes that a close bond between student and educator is essential for academic success and with that in mind i2 caps each class at no more than 4 students. Building on the guarantee of a small classroom setting i2 tailors each of its courses to the individual needs of the students, rather than pre packaged courses sold in bulk. With the flexibility and comfort of a small classroom, coupled with driven students and experienced educators, i2 provides the perfect atmosphere for academic success.
    I2 also provide some subject classes, beside English class, such as basketball class, dancing class, tennis class, etc.

Position
    As an i2 Educator, each teacher will carry a per week course load of 15/20 hours. With i2’s philosophy of a small classroom setting, this often translates to a single educator working with no more than 4 students per class.
    Develop course curriculum per student’s needs
    Deliver well prepared and enthusiastic lessons
    Participate in i2 related activities
    Salary
    *Negotiable based on your teaching experience but I’m sure it is better than what most of other schools in Chengdu offer.
    Our advantage
    i2 is located in Chengdu,which is one of the most attractive cities in China.
    i2 offers higher salary than the average one other schools offers in Chengdu.
    i2 is a certificated school granted the right to hire foreigners while some schools don’t have the right to hire foreigners.

Benefits
    Visa – Student visa (x), Business visa (F), Employment visa (z)
    Resident Permit
    Flight allowance: 6,000RMB – Following completion of contract
    Paid holiday
    Continued academic training
    Private Chinese lessons
    Qualifications
    Bachelor degree (BA/BS) from accredited college/university
    Native English speaker (USA, England, Australia and Canada)
    Desired Qualifications
    TEFL/TOEFL certified
    1+ year(s) experience teaching in Asia (China, S. Korea, Japan)

If you want to have a good job in Chengdu, i2 is the best choice for you!
    Please contact Demi with the following options:
    email: [email protected]
    qq: 1610472231

For more information, please check our websites:
    http://www.i2education.com/zh-CN/index.html
    http://www.i2ed.com/

Participant

EXPERIENCED IELTS/TOELF TEACHER NEEDED IN CHENGDU CHINA
    If you are interested, please send your CV with photo attached to [email protected] Thanks!
    We are looking for part time IELTS AND TOELF TEACHERS with teaching experience of IELTS and TOEFL. Course will start in this month.
    Organization: I2-International Institute of Education
    Address: E5 block Global Center, High-tech Zone Chengdu city, Sichuan Province China (You can take metro 1 and get off from Jincheng Square then you’ll see Global Center)
    Requirements:
    1. IELTS/TOEFL teaching Experience in Asia (China, S. Korea, Japan) is preferred.
    2. Native English Speaker (If you come from UK, Australia or North America, EU, we will give priority to consideration.)
    3. Bachelor’s Degree, a Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Education/ Teaching or equivalent preferred.
    4. No police record
    Salary and benefits:
    PART TIME : Pay by 150-200/hr basis with nice teaching environment, friendly staff and caring company.
    If you are experienced teacher, we can sign contract with you.
    As for our full time teacher, we provide:
    15 hours contract-starting at 6500RMB per month
    20 hours contract-starting at 8000RMB per month
    Z Visa (Employment)
    Resident Permit
    Flight allowance: 7,000RMB – Upon completion of contract
    Paid holiday
    Notes: Relevant documents :
    1.CV
    2.Photos
    3.Copy of passport

Participant

Teaching position: English teacher
    Level of institution: Private English Training center
    Students: 3 years old to adults
    Time to start: ASAP or Depends

Benefits
    Basic salary: 8,000 RMB per month for full-time teachers
    Paid extra hours
    Resident Permit
    Paid holiday
    Accommodation allowance: Yes
    Other bonuses offered

Requirements
    Teaching hours: 20 hours per week
    Bachelor degree (BA/BS) from accredited college/university or above
    Outstanding communication skills
    Positive, friendly personality

If you are interested in this job, please send your resume, recent photos, passport copy, degree copy and certificate copy to [email protected]. I will contact with you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Participant

Before any of you decide to take up positions with these agents or schools have a look at this web page http://www.chinascambusters.com/

Everything you need to know about agents and teachings jobs in china. Salarys and more. What they offer you is  nothing compared to what you should be earning on a minimum wage.

http://www.chinaforeignteachersunion.com/2013/06/china-foreign-teachers-suggested-hourly.html

Dont  let them fool you. All info provided by the china foreign teachers union.

Participant

@ Frank, i highly doubt anyone will pay those prices in Chengdu, in Beijing or Shanghai maybe, but Chengdu teachers normally do not charge those prices… And Foreign Teacher’s Union? o.O

Participant

We are looking for native English speakers with teaching experience to work for us. We do want people who are already in Chengdu, or at least in China.

As an i2 educator, most of our classes are one-to one although we also have some small classes. We need people who are flexible with their working time because it depends on when our customers are available(don’t worry, we have reasonable expectations about this!).
    We need people to work for 15 hours a week, more if you choose to. We also employ part time teachers if you only want part time work.
    Requirements:Native English speaker Degree with original copy of certificate preferred but not essential(visa purposes)
    Teaching experience Teaching qualification preferred ( eg TESOL, TEFL)
    Positive, friendly personality is a must!
    Flexibility about working times.

If you are interested, please send your CV with your recent photos attached to [email protected], and I will contact with you as soon as possible. Thanks.

Participant

Teaching position: English teacher
    Level of institution: Private English Training center
    Students: 3 years old to adults
    Time to start: ASAP or Depends

Benefits
    Basic salary: 8,000 RMB per month for full-time teachers
    Paid extra hours
    Resident Permit
    Paid holiday
    Accommodation allowance: Yes
    Other bonuses offered

Requirements
    Teaching hours: 20 hours per week
    Bachelor degree (BA/BS) from accredited college/university or above
    Outstanding communication skills
    Positive, friendly personality

If you are interested in this job, please send your resume, recent photos, passport copy, degree copy and certificate copy to [email protected]. I will contact with you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Participant

Before any of you decide to take up positions with these agents or schools have a look at this web page http://www.chinascambusters.com/ Everything you need to know about agents and teachings jobs in china. Salarys and more. What they offer you is nothing compared to what you should be earning on a minimum wage. http://www.chinaforeignteachersunion.com/2013/06/china-foreign-teachers-suggested-hourly.html Dont let them fool you. All info provided by the china foreign teachers union.

Yeah CFTU, look up the site I provided. These are the salarys that the teachers are suppose to get, but due to scamming and money greedy agents those figures will never be seen. So many Teachers do not know of the CFTU, that`s why they are being conned into accepting low salary packages. The more the Teachers know the better. And yes they pay that much in Chengdu you are just not aware of it! I was on my way to being in the situation of accepting a below average offer when one of my friends warned me about the agents and their doings, luckily I could renegotiate with the help of the CFTU and earn what Im worth.

Participant

Dave’s ESL was getting dominated by CTFU spam for awhile. I’m guessing there will be a lot of new nicknames popping up on this forum soon to try to generate hits for their site.

Participant

CTFU looks like an SEO website. Personally, i would stay away from those who would gin up their ‘hits’ by spamming different boards. And seriously… Foreign Teacher’s Union? So who do i pay union dues to? Yang Zhang Hoffa?

After skimming through their website for a few seconds… I would stay away from them. Of course it’s dubious at best when taking any advice from a website that makes claims without real statistical data (from surveys and legit citation). I mean, 300 RMB an hour to teach English? Esp with the new Chinese laws in place, GL hagglin for dough like that!

Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”><b><span style=”font-size: 20pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;”>Teachers Needed for U.S. College Prep Program </span></b><b><span style=”font-size: 20pt; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;”>at a Chengdu International High School</span></b></p>
    <p class=”MsoNoSpacing”><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”> </span></p>
    <p class=”MsoNoSpacing”><b><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>Who we are:</span></b><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>

</span><span style=”font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>The Chengdu UEI-Meishi Sino-American Elite Program is a three-year, English language, college prep program for Chinese secondary level students who plan to attend a university in the U.S. The program is a joint venture between the American-owned and managed company United Education Investments (UEI) and the Chengdu Meishi International School located in the city of Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province, China.  UEI’s American management team has a combined 25 years experience in education and in China. We use the highest quality, cutting edge course materials and teacher resources imported from overseas.  Our classroom facilities are furnished with high-tech, audio-visual equipment. We have a non-intensive program following a five-month semester schedule with classes that are normally scheduled on weekdays from Monday – Friday.  Teachers usually have weekends free for sightseeing, R&R, etc.
    </span><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>
    <b>Who we want:</b>

</span><span style=”font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>We are looking to hire full-time English teachers who meet most of the following minimum requirements.

1) Native speaker of North American English (NAE).
    2) U.S. or Canadian passport holders only.
    3) Bachelor’s degree from a North American university.
    4) TEFL Certificate from a reputable teacher training program.
    5) 1 year previous English teaching experience.
    6) Young and energetic.
    7) Positive, patient, cooperative, and flexible personality. </span></p>
    <p class=”MsoNoSpacing”><span style=”font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>8) Willing & able to follow a supervisor’s instructions and abide by our systems and procedures.
    9) 1 year experience living in China, or otherwise somewhat familiar with Chinese culture.
    10) A self-reliant, self-starter looking for a challenge.
    <b>When:</b>

</span><span style=”font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>Our Spring Semester 2014 courses begin on Monday, February 17, 2014. Please send us your resume at least two weeks before then.
    <b>Compensation:</b>

</span><span style=”font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>For full-time positions we can offer a compensation package of 12,000 Rmb or more per month, depending on the applicant’s educational level and work experience. This includes a taxed salary plus either a non-taxed housing allowance or a free on-campus apartment. We will also assist with the process of obtaining a Z work visa, work permit, and residence permit.  All domestic costs of obtaining China working papers are covered by the employer at no cost to the employee.
    <!–[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]–>
    <!–[endif]–></span><b></b></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”><b><span style=”font-size: 12.0pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>Contact Details:</span></b></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”><span style=”font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>Please send your complete, up-to-date resume to Eric Danielson, UEI Academic Director.</span></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”><span style=”font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>E-mail:  <span style=”color: windowtext;”>[email protected]</span> </span></p>

<p class=”MsoNormal”><span style=”font-family: ‘Arial’,’sans-serif’;”>Website:  <span style=”color: windowtext;”>http://www.usuei.com</span&gt; </span></p>

Participant

You dont have to pay any fees. @ woodwerd I aint a spammer!!  I am teacher from South Africa and nobody is paying me anything to do this, just thought i would help fellow teachers before they get conned into taking a shitty salary.

And its not CTFU its CFTU so i guess you thinking of the wrong people!!!!

Participant

And JerryS would you like to come to my school and ask them just how much they are paying me for an hour teaching English?? Because you are more than welcome to come and see for yourself.

Participant

“China Foreign Teachers Union and all associated sites are part of a fraud/extortion ring being run by Bruce Gorcyca aka Anthony DiMarco. A convicted felon and current fugitive on the run from the US.

More information about who this is is available here:
    http://www.419advancefeefraud.blogspot.com/2011/09/anthony-dimarco-and-china-trade.html

His (numerous) accounts have already been banned at most expat forums.”

So yea…. Take things with a grain of salt. So by google’in this, the SEO is strong for this ‘union.’

If you got help from this website, good on you. I would not recommend it to others those, since it looks dubious at best.

Source: http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=100129&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=ef97340d9cc380a268d031b3d01465e2

Participant

Its funny the link that is provided does not work. I respect other peoples views and opinions, a I might be wrong about the CFTU but they have not harmed me in any way. It just seems weird that this site that helps people is a non provit organization and they are accused of fraud??? Makes no sense.

As for the salary part where you forgot to add on to your post as I will add it on here, on the same link that you provided – <span style=”background-color: #efefef; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2;”>One of my best friends here in China is engaged to marry a vice-principal of a Chinese-owned English school and she admitted to my friend that all the principals cozy up to the agents and recruiters – whether they are licensed or not.</span><span style=”background-color: #efefef; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2;”> </span>

<br style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2; background-color: #efefef;” /><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2; background-color: #efefef;”>She said that an average salary allocation for an expat foreign teacher is between 15,000-18,000 rmb per month. </span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2; background-color: #efefef; font-weight: bold;”>The principals will deliberately not hire directly because when they use an agent they get a 3,000 rmb kick-back from the agent who will also pocket an average of 3,000 rmb per month. </span><br style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2; background-color: #efefef;” /><br style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2; background-color: #efefef;” /><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2; background-color: #efefef;”>So on average, foreign teachers who use agents/recruiters in China are giving up a third or more of their real salaries to the agents and the principals! But it gets worse… </span><br style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2; background-color: #efefef;” /><br style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2; background-color: #efefef;” /><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2; background-color: #efefef;”>The principals will hire these foreign teachers on “90 day probationary periods” at reduced pay (maybe 50%-60% of full salary) and then at the very last week of that period tell the teacher a new budget amendment requires a “cutback” and the newest teachers must go! </span>

So in other words you do know about the high salarys you just dont want to admit to it.

In plain and simple form If you are not man enough to to speak up or fend for yourself then you must get used to taking it up the A%$.

Participant

i2
    Established in 2006, the International Institute of Education (i2) combines highly motivated students with experienced educators. Relying on a truly international team of academic professionals, i2 is the alternative to monotonous English teaching mills seen throughout much of China. Centered on a philosophy that catering to the individual needs of students breeds success, i2 takes a wholly original approach to the study and comprehension of language.

Style
    i2 believes that a close bond between student and educator is essential for academic success and with that in mind i2 caps each class at no more than 4 students. Building on the guarantee of a small classroom setting i2 tailors each of its courses to the individual needs of the students, rather than pre packaged courses sold in bulk. With the flexibility and comfort of a small classroom, coupled with driven students and experienced educators, i2 provides the perfect atmosphere for academic success.
    I2 also provide some subject classes, beside English class, such as basketball class, dancing class, tennis class, etc.

Position
    As an i2 Educator, each teacher will carry a per week course load of 15/20 hours. With i2’s philosophy of a small classroom setting, this often translates to a single educator working with no more than 4 students per class.
    Develop course curriculum per student’s needs
    Deliver well prepared and enthusiastic lessons
    Participate in i2 related activities
    Salary
    *Negotiable based on your teaching experience but I’m sure it is better than what most of other schools in Chengdu offer.
    Our advantage
    i2 is located in Chengdu,which is one of the most attractive cities in China.
    i2 offers higher salary than the average one other schools offers in Chengdu.
    i2 is a certificated school granted the right to hire foreigners while some schools don’t have the right to hire foreigners.

Benefits
    Resident Permit
    Flight allowance: 6,000RMB – Following completion of contract
    Paid holiday
    Private Chinese lessons
    Qualifications
    Bachelor degree (BA/BS) from accredited college/university
    Desired Qualifications
    TEFL/TOEFL certified
    1+ year(s) experience teaching in Asia (China, S. Korea, Japan)

If you want to have a good job in Chengdu, i2 is the best choice for you!
    Please contact Demi with the following options:
    email: [email protected]
    qq: 1610472231

Participant

Frankie is right about teacher’s generally being offered salaries which are too low. I have talked with several recruiters and school officials and know for a fact that recruiters are often taking a portion of the teachers’ salaries for themselves. I have known of teachers who have taken jobs that pay 4500 a month and find out later that the people who weren’t paid through the recruiter made 6000. I have also known of teachers who came here to “volunteer” and receive 1500 a month while the recruiter receives 2500. And don’t think that this only happens to foreigners either. I worked with a teacher who was very young and beautiful when I first arrived in Sichuan. Everyone at the school liked her and was always talking about how beautiful she was. After two years of teaching and strengthening her ties with the leaders she decided to become a recruiter because it payed better. She quickly went to work finding foreign and Chinese teachers that she could pay 2500 – 5000 and charges the schools 3500 – 6500.

Most of the training centers and private schools can afford to pay teachers more than they currently are, but don’t because they don’t need to. The centers here in Chengdu aren’t overly concerned with quality and will employ anyone who can speak a bit of English whether they have a degree or not. Like Jerry said, good luck haggling for 300 when someone else will take 120. I don’t know about the CFTU so I can’t comment about it, but it doesn’t hurt to have an organization that costs nothing providing info for teachers.

Participant

The Chengdu UEI-Meishi Sino-American Elite Program is a three-year, college prep, English program for Chinese secondary level students who plan to attend a university in the U.S.  The program is a joint venture between the American owned and managed United Education Investments (UEI) and the Chengdu Meishi International School (CMIS).  We are currently soliciting applications from candidates for full-time teaching positions for our Spring Semester, which starts on Monday February 17. 2014.  We operate on a non-intensive, five-month long semester schedule.  Classes are normally held in the daytime Monday-Friday, which usually gives teachers a two-day weekend on Saturday and Sunday.  We can offer a compensation package worth from 12,000 to 14,000 Rmb based on the candidate’s educational level and work experience.  This can include a non-taxed housing subsidy or free on-campus housing.  In addition, we provide full support for obtaining all the necessary working papers such as work permit, z work visa, and residence permit.  If you are interested, please send your resume to the UEI Academic Director, Eric Danielson at [email protected].  You can also see more information on our website at http://www.usuei.com.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 711 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.