Hiring White Girls

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsHiring White Girls

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • Author

it’s 3-days part time job in March. need some forein white-skin girl work as greeters in a trade fair(the work is just stand there welcoming the customer).From 9 am to 5 pm everyday. the place is exhibition centre. 20-30minutes by subway. 500RMB per day.

send resume to me(include your high pixel whole-length picture,phone number,hight,weight,shoe):[email protected]

(Darn it, white skin again!!)

Hey, can I find a cheap place to bleach my skin first and send you my resume right away with my new “whole length white skin” picture?

So glad you didn’t ask for blue eyes this time. No idea what I’m gonna do with my brown ones unless you don’t mind the blue contacts lens.

Participant

9 am to 5 pm 500rmb? White girl?

I think you got your valuation crossed up son! White girls get prime white-monkey-value! And asking one who is used to getting a couple hundred RMB for speaking their native language for an hour to stand still and look pretty for 8, for 500, is goin to be a tough sell me thinks. 😀

Participant

Indeed. 800-1000 is a more reasonable range. Also, the way you spelled “foreign” looks like “foreskin” hahaha

Participant
    Quote:
    Also, the way you spelled “foreign” looks like “foreskin” hahaha

Lmao

Nc6Xc.jpg

I will accept 600 RMB + Cake/s.

Participant

Hi I am foreign white skin girl. No I wont accept your job, because your ad is racist(种族主义) and sexist(性别歧视).

Participant

Apple: exploits Chinese workers = ‘that’s capitalism’

Recruiter: needs white girls for business promotion = “that’s racist”…..hmmmmm

That ad is neither racist nor sexist.

Political correctness is a social disease really.

Participant

@Steevyo: agreed. we’ve discussed these ads before here. As i said then, i’ve been told numerous times “we only want Canamerican teachers” (I’m not Canamerican). That ain’t racist, just the realities of the market. Stop busting people’s balls for these ads. if you don’t want the gig, or are not qualified, deal with it. Someone will gladly take the job and shouldn’t be made to feel like shit for doing so…

You throw the “r’ word around, that’s lazy and reactionary….

I’d love to know if they also hire white ass boys.

Participant

Chill out Tina 😀

Really not so racist or sexist. In many cases race and sex do play a role in hiring for a specific part, especially in marketing. This may be a little more ‘blatent’ to make a post like this here, but you don’t see Hooters in Texas hiring a bunch of Chinese dudes to serve beer n wings, yah?

Participant

At the risk of further criticism…

If I don’t agree with worker exploitation or the ad, does that still make it a double standard?

@steevo, rick – ok, fair point that maybe the word racist was a bit harsh, but the sentiment remains. Both chinese and foreigners seem to cringe at the ‘token white bugger’ in much of the advertising here. Why does it make so many people feel uncomfortable if it is perfectly ok? Racism means a white girl will get paid more for doing the same job as a chinese girl. It’s (maybe?) not negative if you’re on the ‘paid more’ side, but what other word should I use? If I was a Chinese girl could I use this word?

On the sexist point, if I would be offended by this type of advertising back home, why should I change my standards just because I am here? I’m not naive, but don’t think ads describing people like a piece of meat are ok, anywhere. Also, I think it goes beyond mere political correctness.

Btw, not a fan of hooters either…

I dont think your mistake is a double standard.

IMHO your idea of racism and sexism is distorted.

It is not the case that standards in China are different in any respect, only the ads are written in a funnier and clumsier way.

Just one out of many examples about ‘sexism’:

The entire world’s fashion industry would be sexist according to your ethical standards and in that case my sympathies are clearly with the fashion industry.

I’m going to add my 2 cents here… I think political correctness is itself a distorted term that gets thrown about the minute anything remotely stereo typical or disenfranchising enters into any social context, but at the same time people quickly forget just why it came about as an identifiable entity in the first place. As a kid in the 80’s I remember the last dying comedians from the 70’s who thought it was okay to build a routine around black jokes, and any other colour or creed that could be boiled down to an easily imagined stereo type. Stereo types are perfect little nuggets for the uneducated, not requiring any thought or dissemination, just a quick bite and you’ve got one. Sexism & racism, call them what you will, they both exist by virtue of stereo typing, and the lack of understanding or information therein. China being the developing nation that it is doesn’t yet carry the cultural depth afforded a cosmopolitan nation, so whilst some of it’s preconceptions are forgivable, it doesn’t at the same time make them perpetually acceptable. If an advert is asking specifically for ‘White Girls’ (with picture I might add), doesn’t that suggest a preconceived notion, or idealised premium on a specific gender and race? If I’m a black woman (who perhaps speaks Chinese), should I not take offense to the advert?

Most of us are aware of the ‘White Monkey’ phenomenon, even happy to take advantage economically, but personally I would feel very uncomfortable and diminished if I thought I was aiding and abetting any such discrimination. And that doesn’t make me the judge of anyone taking a job for the money, it just points to the fact that there is deep lack of cultural awareness prevalent within a people who have been shut off from the outside world for too long. Having personal reference to such discrimination back home is why an advert such as this just grates me.

I shall correct myself if I came across as being against political correctness per se. But I think the boundaries of this term should be openly discussed and debated every day. Also political correctness often operates on the level of language while the underlying issues dont just go away.

I shopped this add around my very white skin female friends in Beijing and it didnt really raise an eyebrow with them apart from the fact that they would never just stand around 8 hours for 500 Kwai. I can only imagine what the chinese event girl gets (probably not even 50% of that ammount)but that is the result of simple capitalism.

I was asked a few times if I wanted to attend business meetings to show a “white face”. That never materialized because I asked for the kind of cash that nobody was willing to pay.

It all boils down to what you are willing to do with your time and what you expect in exchange. I wouldnt really judge anyone going into that offer posted above it’s easy money after all.

China will not change to a western consensus by calling them racist. Time will do that and better educated Chinese and growing middle class Chinese will do that.

Still reject that sexism note though. This add exists in the US and Europe as well only its clouded in a language that can’t be legally attacked. It’s still the same though.

Participant

Maybe this type of ad doesn’t raise an eyebrow because it’s so common, but that doesn’t make it fine.

@stevo Fair point that opinions aren’t going to change by name calling, but they are definitely not going to change by sanctioning it and saying that it is fine, or pretending its not what it is because it’s not an extreme example.

I’m not judging people who are just trying to make a living. But I am judging the way of thinking that is in the ad.

Re similar ads back in the US/Europe, if you rock up to the interview and the guy/girl who posted it isn’t sexist (i.e. views women as objects), then I think that’s probably the exception. I’m basing this on my experience with shitty bar/promo jobs back home, though I’d really love to be proven wrong on this. Here it grates more, because it feels like there are extra points for subjugation of a white girl. And my money is on the Chinese girls who do this job having to deal with sexism in spades. Thus, sexist.

On the fashion industry, yes, I do think they have a lot to answer for. Like why they plaster photos of 15 year old (looking) waif models all over the giant shrines to prada and loius vuitton that you see here – and elsewhere, but the shopfronts here are really huge. And in some other ads, why are the models photo shopped to look ambiguously western? It’s bad, I think, and partly responsible for the import of only some Western values here.

It seems like some of you are saying that people that post ads like this lack education/awareness. Isn’t it fair enough to say what I really think about it, instead of just laughing?

Participant

Minor Threat, arguably the greatest hardcore band in the history of the known universe, said it all 30 years ago: “Guilty of Being White”.

BTW: if you think they were a skinhead/oi band, you could not be farther from the truth…

Participant
    Quote:
    Minor Threat, arguably the greatest hardcore band in the history of the known universe, said it all 30 years ago: “Guilty of Being White”.

Word. I wrote this down as the original title for my monkeyism article when I was jotting down notes. I can listen to their LP all day.

Participant

I support Tina.

If the one can get benefit from this white skin, then should not call this Sexism & racism?

Or because it is involve with commerce, then should not call Sexism & racism?

Or for many people already take it as a common thing, then should not call it Sexism & racism?

Or only girls who lost benefit from this job can call it Sexism & racism?

In this case basic idea is use white skin and sex body as a require .you may said it’s marketing ask this way. but why marketing require this way? And what it is under it ? and what it will lead to?

It’s like tomato fry with egg, even it’s mix with something else, it is still a tomato,because inside it is not change.

But like many others said above ,give a little bit time let things change by it self. don’t be so harsh on it, wish things can change it by itself, then i have a question here, if nobody say no, how things can getting change? you also part of this world, your view is part of this world, if you say yes, everybody say yes, how things can change??

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.