Hiring White Girls

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsHiring White Girls

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@ray

you can stop reading my saying.

ok?

thanks!

Participant

@ray

you can stop reading my saying.

ok?

thanks!

Participant

Its a forum, topics change hand all the time. Its the natural course of things. I highly doubt a post can change one’s mind on this subject. People rarely change due to what they read. Topics like these are always discussed and will lead to no where. So whats the point of this thread? For those to vent on what they see wrong and others to disagree. Its after this point that you correct them on that matter, rather if they accept it or not is up to them.. Aww the wonders of forums!

This isnt a math equation where things can be answered with an answer that is correct and not abstract.

Participant

Its a forum, topics change hand all the time. Its the natural course of things. I highly doubt a post can change one’s mind on this subject. People rarely change due to what they read. Topics like these are always discussed and will lead to no where. So whats the point of this thread? For those to vent on what they see wrong and others to disagree. Its after this point that you correct them on that matter, rather if they accept it or not is up to them.. Aww the wonders of forums!

This isnt a math equation where things can be answered with an answer that is correct and not abstract.

Participant

@jerrys

i agree with you, because it’s almost no need to discuss anymore.

there is no answer, people only believe what their willing to belive.

keep on this topic just is repeat and repeat and repeat…

that’s useless.

Participant

@jerrys

i agree with you, because it’s almost no need to discuss anymore.

there is no answer, people only believe what their willing to belive.

that’s useless.

Quote:

Quote:

Okay, so…

1) Promotional Agency + 20 White ‘Hotties’ + China = Partytime!?

2) Promotional Agency + 20 Asian Hotties + U.S. = Partytime!?

3) Linsanity + Promotional Agency +/- 3 Throws² = Partytime!?

4) (Multiple Choice)

a) Repeat, Repeat, Repeat!!!

b)

Quote:
    GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE

Quote:

Quote:

Okay, so…

1) Promotional Agency + 20 White ‘Hotties’ + China = Partytime!?

2) Promotional Agency + 20 Asian Hotties + U.S. = Partytime!?

3) Linsanity + Promotional Agency +/- 3 Throws² = Partytime!?

4) (Multiple Choice)

a) Repeat, Repeat, Repeat!!!

b)

Quote:
    GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE

Participant

E) None of the above.

Participant

E) None of the above.

b) We’re just as guilty for the things we do as for the things we don’t.

Hey guowenbin, here’s one piece of advice for ya. Take some English language class, or consult an Oxford or American Heritage Dictionary before you post next event. Be professional.

No more “forein” or “white skin”. I’m sure NO Asians would like to be refered to or called “yellow skin/fever” either.

b) We’re just as guilty for the things we do as for the things we don’t.

Hey guowenbin, here’s one piece of advice for ya. Take some English language class, or consult an Oxford or American Heritage Dictionary before you post next event. Be professional.

No more “forein” or “white skin”. I’m sure NO Asians would like to be refered to or called “yellow skin/fever” either.

Participant

The Lin thing is nothing to do about letting people ride his coat tails, improve their jumpshot due to his success, or anything of that kinda silly nature. It’s just about breaking down ‘traditional’ stereotypes of the nerdy asian kids who study and generally suck at team sports. Not saying they do, saying that’s the stereotype. It’s not quite in the same ballpark due to the era it’s happening, but it’s kinda like a much lesser scale of Jackie Robinson in terms of breaking the norm.

Either way, good player, and amusing how stupid some of the puns they’re coming up with are.

Participant

The Lin thing is nothing to do about letting people ride his coat tails, improve their jumpshot due to his success, or anything of that kinda silly nature. It’s just about breaking down ‘traditional’ stereotypes of the nerdy asian kids who study and generally suck at team sports. Not saying they do, saying that’s the stereotype. It’s not quite in the same ballpark due to the era it’s happening, but it’s kinda like a much lesser scale of Jackie Robinson in terms of breaking the norm.

Either way, good player, and amusing how stupid some of the puns they’re coming up with are.

One exception doesn’t break a stereotype, but that seems like what people are expecting.

My reaction comes after reading countless facebook, youtube, and blog comments. The general sentiment is something like this:

Quote:
    Whether it’s been officially bestowed upon him or not, Jeremy Lin carries the hopes and dreams of entire Asian generations on his shoulders.

* http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2012/02/what-i-see-in-jeremy-lin/

Hmm really? Even if he claims to do so (which he hasn’t, afaik), he doesn’t. He is only playing for himself, and his success won’t break the stereotype of the studious, good-at-math, passive, weak, Asian kid. I don’t think it’s fair to put this imaginary weight on his shoulders.

Stereotypes exist because a large enough percentage of the population fits into it. Usually it’s a result of culture and as long as Asian culture doesn’t change, the stereotype will remain. This is true with all other peoples.

Quote:
    ‘traditional’ stereotypes of the nerdy asian kids who study and generally suck at team sports. Not saying they do, saying that’s the stereotype.

This is true though, isn’t it? Statistically. (China’s Women’s volleyball isn’t bad though)

I was trying to steer this discussion towards how the Chinese and Taiwanese are using this as another reason to hate each other or hate Lin. You can find a lot of examples on youtube and Chinasmack. “Too bad he’s not Chinese National.” “His parents are Taiwanese, HE’S TAIWANESE!” “HIS GRANDPARENTS ARE CHINESE, HE’S CHINESE!” “F U CHINA” “TAIWAN IS A PART OF CHINA!” rabblerabble.

Nationalism, discrimination, ignorance.

Stop the hate. Love everyone.

what were we talking about again?

One exception doesn’t break a stereotype, but that seems like what people are expecting.

My reaction comes after reading countless facebook, youtube, and blog comments. The general sentiment is something like this:

Quote:
    Whether it’s been officially bestowed upon him or not, Jeremy Lin carries the hopes and dreams of entire Asian generations on his shoulders.

* http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2012/02/what-i-see-in-jeremy-lin/

Hmm really? Even if he claims to do so (which he hasn’t, afaik), he doesn’t. He is only playing for himself, and his success won’t break the stereotype of the studious, good-at-math, passive, weak, Asian kid. I don’t think it’s fair to put this imaginary weight on his shoulders.

Stereotypes exist because a large enough percentage of the population fits into it. Usually it’s a result of culture and as long as Asian culture doesn’t change, the stereotype will remain. This is true with all other peoples.

Quote:
    ‘traditional’ stereotypes of the nerdy asian kids who study and generally suck at team sports. Not saying they do, saying that’s the stereotype.

This is true though, isn’t it? Statistically. (China’s Women’s volleyball isn’t bad though)

I was trying to steer this discussion towards how the Chinese and Taiwanese are using this as another reason to hate each other or hate Lin. You can find a lot of examples on youtube and Chinasmack. “Too bad he’s not Chinese National.” “His parents are Taiwanese, HE’S TAIWANESE!” “HIS GRANDPARENTS ARE CHINESE, HE’S CHINESE!” “F U CHINA” “TAIWAN IS A PART OF CHINA!” rabblerabble.

Nationalism, discrimination, ignorance.

Stop the hate. Love everyone.

what were we talking about again?

Participant

Heh Lin as the messiah to squash all Asian stereotypes? That is new to me. Rather, i see him as someone who brings to light of the stereotypes that is bestowed for his fellow AA’s. One example is two ESPN employees. One got fired and the other one suspended, all for quoting ‘Chink in the Armor,’ after Lin lost the game for the Knicks last week.

All it takes is one discussion that is outside of the college classroom and that will get smart people to think. And repercussions from offensive non-thinking words or articles that is spewed will have an everlasting effort.

In terms of the ‘Jackie Robinson’ of AA’s, I highly doubt it. He can easily take up the role as someone who brings into the limelight of the discrimination. The difference is that Lin could be attacked from other ‘minorities’ which can cause issues.. Look at Mayweather and Don ‘I made money off Tyson’ King, who both made comments alluding to ‘big deal, im black, he’s asian, whats the big deal,’ type of levels of minoriti’ness. There are always prejudice from minority groups to other minority groups, which can easily make shit worse, and very ignorant.

Participant

Heh Lin as the messiah to squash all Asian stereotypes? That is new to me. Rather, i see him as someone who brings to light of the stereotypes that is bestowed for his fellow AA’s. One example is two ESPN employees. One got fired and the other one suspended, all for quoting ‘Chink in the Armor,’ after Lin lost the game for the Knicks last week.

All it takes is one discussion that is outside of the college classroom and that will get smart people to think. And repercussions from offensive non-thinking words or articles that is spewed will have an everlasting effort.

In terms of the ‘Jackie Robinson’ of AA’s, I highly doubt it. He can easily take up the role as someone who brings into the limelight of the discrimination. The difference is that Lin could be attacked from other ‘minorities’ which can cause issues.. Look at Mayweather and Don ‘I made money off Tyson’ King, who both made comments alluding to ‘big deal, im black, he’s asian, whats the big deal,’ type of levels of minoriti’ness. There are always prejudice from minority groups to other minority groups, which can easily make shit worse, and very ignorant.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.