Hiring White Girls

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsHiring White Girls

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I was trying to steer this discussion towards how the Chinese and Taiwanese are using this as another reason to hate each other or hate Lin. You can find a lot of examples on youtube and Chinasmack. “Too bad he’s not Chinese National.” “His parents are Taiwanese, HE’S TAIWANESE!” “HIS GRANDPARENTS ARE CHINESE, HE’S CHINESE!” “F U CHINA” “TAIWAN IS A PART OF CHINA!” rabblerabble.

I’ve caught a bit of this sentiment as well – Taiwanese and Chinese (mostly Chinese, from what I’ve seen) claiming ownership for Lin as if he’s one of theirs through lineage. I think that’s really a stretch, considering that he’s an American born in Los Angeles. Like pretty much every other American, his family came from another continent, big deal.

I also heard that China has extended an offer for Jeremy Lin to quit playing in the NBA, give up his US citizenship, and play in China and become a citizen here. I find that hilarious.

He is an incredible player though, that moment where he nailed the three to beat Toronto was epic basketball. Great to see that.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I was trying to steer this discussion towards how the Chinese and Taiwanese are using this as another reason to hate each other or hate Lin. You can find a lot of examples on youtube and Chinasmack. “Too bad he’s not Chinese National.” “His parents are Taiwanese, HE’S TAIWANESE!” “HIS GRANDPARENTS ARE CHINESE, HE’S CHINESE!” “F U CHINA” “TAIWAN IS A PART OF CHINA!” rabblerabble.

I’ve caught a bit of this sentiment as well – Taiwanese and Chinese (mostly Chinese, from what I’ve seen) claiming ownership for Lin as if he’s one of theirs through lineage. I think that’s really a stretch, considering that he’s an American born in Los Angeles. Like pretty much every other American, his family came from another continent, big deal.

I also heard that China has extended an offer for Jeremy Lin to quit playing in the NBA, give up his US citizenship, and play in China and become a citizen here. I find that hilarious.

He is an incredible player though, that moment where he nailed the three to beat Toronto was epic basketball. Great to see that.

Participant

It’s ridiculous to say “Because of Lin, the stereotype does not exist”. That’s not the point. No single person breaks a stereotype existing for so many. The point is – he breaks the norm. When people think great basketball player, they generally don’t think asian. It in of itself wont have any significant effect in regards to the normal asian kid stereotype, but it *will* make a small wave in that direction.

Participant

It’s ridiculous to say “Because of Lin, the stereotype does not exist”. That’s not the point. No single person breaks a stereotype existing for so many. The point is – he breaks the norm. When people think great basketball player, they generally don’t think asian. It in of itself wont have any significant effect in regards to the normal asian kid stereotype, but it *will* make a small wave in that direction.

Participant

Participant

You know what? Google brings me here, I am a jobless young Chinese dude, can I make up as a “white” boy or girl to take your job?

Participant

A) it isn’t racist to look for certain kinds of people for certain jobs.

B) you are not offering enough money. Note to any white monkeys, you can get 1000 per day min.

Participant

Is interesting that after 1 year, this job post still to be active… take it easy guys, maybe caucasian is better that white girls or asian of yellow skin but the point is: begin think positive about another people, usually people do not have bad intentions…

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.