Hitchhiking to Tibet

HomeForumsIn ChengduHitchhiking to Tibet

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Depart on Jun, Chengdu-Ganzi-Tibet-Nepal

We already have 2 guys(include a beauty)

If you’re interested, contact us: QQ 946703252

Participant

Foreigners can’t hitchhike into Tibet, so I doubt you’ll find any people here to join you

Participant

Well, could try 😀 hide under blankets in the back!

Or go Mexican style:

smuggled!

Keymaster

Foreigners can’t hitchhike into Tibet, so I doubt you’ll find any people here to join you

Yeah this is exactly what I was thinking. There’s virtually no chance of actually getting inside Tibet doing this.

Participant

i loled when i saw the title. if you want to go to tibet though, i think you can get some special visa.

Keymaster

i loled when i saw the title. if you want to go to tibet though, i think you can get some special visa.

There are people constantly hitchhiking all across China, I think it’s a pretty safe place for that. I’ve hosted a few Couch Surfers who have hitchhiked here from places like Beijing and Hong Kong. Cool way to see a country.

Participant

Hitch hiking to other parts is ok. I’m currently in Tibet, drove from chengdu, and passed through the first permit check/police check at the border of tibet, through every two or three villages, and even tougher permit checks and random car checks upon entering Lhasa.

Maybe you guys can hide in the car but I doubt you will find anyone willing to smuggle you in – there are many military posts throughout tibet unfortunately

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.