Hong Kong Trip: Batman?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHong Kong Trip: Batman?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

First off, i am a HUGE BATMAN FAN! As many of you might know, Batman will be released on the 20th this month internationally, 19th in the states. Yet The Dark Knight Rises will not be released in mainland China. The rumor mill states that it will be released the 20th of Aug or 20th of Sept (my bday btw). Heck Wanda has an Imax theater, waiting will def be worth it!

I can easily wait for those dates, but it has always been a tradition for myself to drop everything and go watch the latest Batman flick.

So my question to the community is… Who wants to go see Batman in Hong Kong with me? :). The costs for flights are 2k rmb round trip, while finding hostels is very easy and could cost 100rmb per day. Total, this can be an expensive trip (its HK for Pete’s sake).

Now, have to look under me mattress for some dough, itching for the new Batman movie heh.

Plz.. NO spoilers. Been avoiding them all week.

Participant

dk-spoil.jpg

😀

Participant

The only guy Batman fears: Jon Jones. Now give that cat his own flick, and i WILL check it out…

Participant

Jon Jones is over hyped and fake. Ill take Bruce Wayne any day! Cant wait til Hendo knocks him out… Yea, far stretch.

Participant

@Jerry S: re JJ comment: Respect: lost. As a fellow chicken-legged dude, i gotta stand by him.

Re: Batman: they made another Batman film? Val Kilmer still has a career? Last i heard: flipping burgers.

Re: HK crash pad 100 kuai: Chungking Mansions? Scarey elevators. Very scarey…

Participant

Bones Jones has a bad rap around the MMA community. With bloggers, fighters and anything in between. Its only the media that hypes him.

Anyone that trains in a facet of MMA (BJJ, boxing, sambo, ect ect) who watches UFC will give credit to JJ, but will also say he has the personality of a twat and that ‘something does not seem right about him.’ There is a disdain for JJ in the MMA community. I stick by that tone, because well.. Watch his interviews and watch all of his former training partners, you will get a better personality about him. But of course, he is a legit fighter. Still want to see him get knocked out.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/11/3151457/UFC-jon-jones-anderson-silva-editorial

Short read on JJ.

Participant

Dark Knight Rises isn’t worth going to HK for…barely worth walking the 3 minutes it took me…just sayin’–I could list why, but won’t spoil it for you.

Participant

I wouldn’t watch this in theaters. It’s too dangerous. You could get shot.

Participant

That shit that happened in Aurora, CO was not a comment event. Rather it was from an individual, his set plan. He ruined 12 lives, injured 38 and forever traumatized the Aurora community and movie going experience of the American people. My heart goes out to those in mourning and healing. But my rage goes out to that fucker who did this. On Batman day no less!

Participant

I will be in HK from 2nd to 5th. Will hang out with some mates from France and UK at LKF so feel free to join us if you leave the cinema unharmed.

Keymaster

I was gutted when Dark Knight didn’t come out in China and I had to wait a few extra months for the DVD quality version to come at. Although going to HK to watch this isn’t a realistic option for me right now, at least I won’t have to do that again. Hopefully the version that gets released here next month isn’t hacked to pieces by censors.

If I was in the states I definitely would’ve been at a midnight showing. Chris Nolan is one of my favorite directors, I pretty much like all of his movies.

Participant

Love Nolan. Always does great work.

Allas, i wont be goin to HK.. Damn, wanted to too. For this movie, and some good ol’bjj.

The ETA in China is 8/20 or 9/20 (my bday :)). Hopefully it will be shown in Imax. The only Imax in Chengdu (poss China?) is Wanda Plaza. If it comes out in Imax, lets do a meet up there. How about it?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    The only Imax in Chengdu (poss China?) is Wanda Plaza. If it comes out in Imax, lets do a meet up there. How about it?

I’m down for sure. I’m sure rounding up people to see Batman in the theater will be easy!

Wanda’s website says this is out on the 30th of Aug.

There are quite a few IMAX cinemas in China.

Participant

Cool with the Imax being in other cities. I guess my research (and bias) is within 20 minutes ebike ride from my school apt :P.

Aug 30th, lets do it! Wait, its a Thurs… 31st, lets do it!

Participant

I just saw the movie in India 🙂

Im scared of “sean penn” to write anything about the movie here 😛 😀

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I just saw the movie in India 🙂

Lucky…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.