Hot Pot Restaurant Suggestions

HomeForumsIn ChengduHot Pot Restaurant Suggestions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello friends,

For my wife’s birthday I want go to Hu?gu? restaurant because she likes it very much (try to find a Sichuan girl that doesn’t).

I heard about a famous and delicious place in Chengdu but I don’t know where it is. I found only this post from Sascha: https://www.chengduliving.com/chengdus-original-hot-pot/

Thank you guys!

Keymaster

I would go here: Laoma Tou Hotpot Restaurant

Participant

Lao ma’s hotpot to me is average. I think the one close to Lao ma Tou is better. If you are facing Lao Ma, like standing in front of it, walk to your right to the closest intersection with lights, then take the left (when you see Disco’s, take a left at that corner). The very first hot pot you place you encounter is prob the best hot pot i had in Chengdu. Also quite cheaper compared to Lao Ma. It’s always packed and wait time for seating averages about 20-30 min during dinner time. Also the seats at this place are regular chairs besides the benches at Lao Ma.

Participant

Jerry, the hotpot restaurant you are thinking of is 蜀九香, shu jiu xiang. There are two locations, the one you mentioned on 倪家桥 and a slightly quieter one on 玉林南街。I also think it’s very good and one of the better ones.

Participant

Shanx Iona! I am verbose, while you are concise :P.

Keymaster

That place is popular, I see people waiting outside there a lot, too. I prefer to take guests to Laoma Tou because the hotpot experience is as much about the atmosphere as the food, and that is what Laoma Tou excels at. From the outside of the restaurant to the inside. Part of the reason why is because that particular restaurant is so revered, I notice that people tend to act a little differently inside.

Of course, for the absolute most authentic hotpot, that is in Chongqing.

Participant

I agree, Chongqing is best. Been there once for two days, a basic hotpot place was damn cheap and damn good. Best Hotpot Ever.

Participant

Try Chongqing Xieji Old Hot Pot

1号 Fangcao Street

Wuhou, Chengdu, Sichuan, China

028-65809993

Its actually on a small back street off Fangcao Street opposite Goodwood coffee.

On the weekend sometimes you have to wait between 1-2 hours to get a table , but worth it.

Participant

Fantastic, now I must only choose… really thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.