Hotel Recommendations

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHotel Recommendations

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi, all! I’m traveling to Chendgu next month with my husband and am looking for hotel suggestions.

I don’t want to stay in the most expensive hotels in town, but I want to be in a safe, central location and have a clean room. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Participant

Hakka Homes does short term apartment rentals and is a little more comfortable than a hotel. They’re located in Zongbei in the South of Chengdu.

Participant

Traffic Hotel is central, cheap and clean and they speak English if needed. The bar/cafe is also cool.

Participant
    Keymaster

Hakka Homes is your best option in my opinion!

Participant

The hotels above are ‘low cost options’ – really should identify a budget you’re looking for – nice hotels here (Shangrila for example) can be a LOT cheaper (like just over $100usd/night) than their counterparts overseas..and are really nice..

Keymaster
    Quote:
    The hotels above are ‘low cost options’ – really should identify a budget you’re looking for – nice hotels here (Shangrila for example) can be a LOT cheaper (like just over $100usd/night) than their counterparts overseas..and are really nice..

That’s true, there are a lot of bargains to be had in the $100 range in Chengdu. Hotels in Chengdu below the Shangrila or Jinjiang Hotel point I find to be pretty disappointing in terms of value, though.

Participant

I agree Charlie, the ‘mid’ level range is generally pretty crappy for what you pay, it’s definitely a “go cheap or go Shangrila” style choice. Fraser Suites is pretty good and very new also – esp if you’re here for more than just a couple days, and costs about the same as Shangrila – maybe we just get a discount thru company but I think a suite is like 800rmb/night? which has a kitchen/etc.. and I’ve always been satisfied with them.

Participant

…and remember, the listed price (on the wall behind the reception desk) is NEVER the true price (especially for 5 star in chengdu). There is an oversupply of top-end rooms here. many places operate at 40% occupancy, so bargain hard (or just go to agoda.com)

Thank you for all the suggestions! I’m excited!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.