House For Rent in Flower Town (1 Year)

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsHouse For Rent in Flower Town (1 Year)

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Participant

25k to rent the house for 12 months no way, this proposition sounds too good to be true. My gut is saying stay away throw your money somewhere else but hey I could be wrong.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    25k to rent the house for 12 months no way, this proposition sounds too good to be true. My gut is saying stay away throw your money somewhere else but hey I could be wrong.

Rent in Flower Town is really cheap because it’s basically outside of Chengdu, and a rural community. Hise is a long-time Chengdu resident, co-proprietor of Machu Picchu, also. This is legit. I’m going to meet him tonight and collect more info to see if some kind of group arrangement makes sense for this place.

Participant

Yeah anyone who knows Hise knows that this guy is as legit as they come….

Participant

I am not questioning the legitimacy of Hise or his offer I am sure he is all above board but I was merely going by city prices in Chengdu. I am not familiar with flower town’s location or costs of living there so I was surprised seeing a house to rent for 12 months for 25K.

I can only wish good luck to all those who invest in this opportunity as it could just be deal of the year.

Participant

As Charlie said, rent on the outskirts can be insanely cheap. A few years ago i worked part time in Xindu. The full-time foreign teacher there rented an insanely opulent pad, not a house but a new 2- storey, 3 bed place with garden etc. That cat was paying 1400 kuai a month…

Participant

Even if the place has been rented, it’s an intriguing hypothetical. Here’s my take:

1. for say, 5 guys to share the expense and use as a weekend holiday home, card house etc. doesn’t make economic sense.

2. 10 cats share the pad is cheaper, but i dont wanna share with 10 people (doesnt feel like my place). Then you throw in girlfriends, friends-of-friends, personality clashes etc. No thanks.

3. (this one i think is workable). One guy lives there full time. He pays 50% of the rent. 3 or 4 of his friends cough up the remainder, with an understanding that they can use the place anytime. These cats are all good friends, so that’s no problem. Weekends are gonna be awesome. Good deal for all…

Actually, if i was able to work from home this place would be fantastic. In the summer Flowertown is nice and the air has gotta be considerably cleaner than downtown.

As I said, it’s a cool hypotheical situation…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    (this one i think is workable). One guy lives there full time. He pays 50% of the rent. 3 or 4 of his friends cough up the remainder, with an understanding that they can use the place anytime. These cats are all good friends, so that’s no problem. Weekends are gonna be awesome. Good deal for all…

This would be a great arrangement, but I feel that almost anyone who has 12,500 yuan to throw in on this off the bat will have to be living in Chengdu for work reasons. It would be good to have someone there full time since the place can/will deteriorate if there isn’t someone there looking after it and caring for it as if it’s theirs.

It’d be a great place to go for the weekend but I’d likely not be there during weekdays at all due to work and other commitments. In that kind of situation I’d be willing to contribute 5k if there are things happening there worth attending on weekends. Another thing to keep in mind is that Flower Town is seasonal – it’s great in the summer, really cold in the winter.

Anyway a group are cycling over there now with Hise to check it out, we’ll see what happens.

Participant

several people are already in for renting the house. but there is still place for 2 or 3 more! if we get 3 people more, the rent per person per year would be around 3000yuan (a year! wow). in return you will get the key and free usage of the house including staying overnight…

if you want to know the whole story, call me 15882356944!

Keymaster

This house is outstanding and I really hope that something can be worked out! It’s about a 30 minute bicycle ride from the south of Chengdu, and a lot of work has already been done on it to make it comfortable.

Participant

on sunday we are going to take a look at it, everyone is welcome to come along..

Participant

Tomorrow and sunday theres a party in Flower Town, is it far from morning bar, this house?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Tomorrow and sunday theres a party in Flower Town, is it far from morning bar, this house?

It’s very close

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.