Housing Recommendations in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHousing Recommendations in Chengdu

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I’m looking for a new place to stay, currently i’m staying in kingland but looking to move out to somewhere better where the price is better too…

anyone have any suggestions? I heard of Times and Waterfront, the Bund, etc… all around jiuyanqiao area i guess… anything?

Thanks!

Keymaster

I like the South of Chengdu, Yulin and Zongnan/Zongbei are where I’d most like to live. Yulin really has a neighborhood feeling but the East side by Kehua Bei Lu is convenient also. I’m not too familiar with what’s available around Jiuyan Qiao.

Keymaster

I like the South of Chengdu, Yulin and Zongnan/Zongbei are where I’d most like to live. Yulin really has a neighborhood feeling but the East side by Kehua Bei Lu is convenient also. I’m not too familiar with what’s available around Jiuyan Qiao.

I’m living in Times Residence and I really enjoy being there. Given that no property in Chengdu is perfect, and that I’ve looked extensively at properties in the city, it’s a decent complex in a good location if you prefer to be nearer to downtown. I can be almost anywhere by taxi within 15-20 minutes, rarely paying more than 20-25 RMB, unless I’m headed further South.

The complex is split into two (Times Residence & Times Riverside), and is generally sound. They have some teething problems, and you’ll need to find an apartment that’s been decorated tastefully, but there’s a lot on offer.

PM me if you want more details.

I’m living in Times Residence and I really enjoy being there. Given that no property in Chengdu is perfect, and that I’ve looked extensively at properties in the city, it’s a decent complex in a good location if you prefer to be nearer to downtown. I can be almost anywhere by taxi within 15-20 minutes, rarely paying more than 20-25 RMB, unless I’m headed further South.

The complex is split into two (Times Residence & Times Riverside), and is generally sound. They have some teething problems, and you’ll need to find an apartment that’s been decorated tastefully, but there’s a lot on offer.

PM me if you want more details.

The waterfront is a good place too (5-10 mins by walk from the Times). The place is pretty clean and you have some shops and Chinese restaurants back door.

The only downsides are the noise (but it really depends of your building, the floor and its orientation) and the isolation (but from what I read on this forum, it seems that’s the same problem everywhere).

You should first hang out in the districts you are interested in, see the different ambiances and then pick out some residences there.

It’s always hard to recommend a particular district to someone as everyone are looking for different things…

Quote:
    you’ll need to find an apartment that’s been decorated tastefully

That’s indeed the hardest part ! I don’t get why they need to mix different styles !

The waterfront is a good place too (5-10 mins by walk from the Times). The place is pretty clean and you have some shops and Chinese restaurants back door.

The only downsides are the noise (but it really depends of your building, the floor and its orientation) and the isolation (but from what I read on this forum, it seems that’s the same problem everywhere).

You should first hang out in the districts you are interested in, see the different ambiances and then pick out some residences there.

It’s always hard to recommend a particular district to someone as everyone are looking for different things…

Quote:
    you’ll need to find an apartment that’s been decorated tastefully

That’s indeed the hardest part ! I don’t get why they need to mix different styles !

Keymaster
    Quote:

For sure. I’ve lived in a few apartments that had yellow/orange/purple/unnecessarily garish couches. I don’t know what it is with rainbow couches and China…

Keymaster
    Quote:

For sure. I’ve lived in a few apartments that had yellow/orange/purple/unnecessarily garish couches. I don’t know what it is with rainbow couches and China…

Participant

Try a bright orange fuzzy couch, orange kitchen and turqoise walls: my last apartment in Hangzhou.

Participant

Try a bright orange fuzzy couch, orange kitchen and turqoise walls: my last apartment in Hangzhou.

Participant

My last place had a jacuzzi but no kitchen. Interesting priorities…..

Participant

Keymaster
    Quote:

My shower is a multi-function space-pod-looking thing with a long list of features proudly listed on it. Things like a radio, thermometer, water spouts built into the walls, etc. Every single thing has been broken on it since I moved here 2 years ago except the most basic shower function. Of course, it has a sticker on it that has 5 stars and says “5 Star Quality”. Oh, China…

Keymaster
    Quote:

My shower is a multi-function space-pod-looking thing with a long list of features proudly listed on it. Things like a radio, thermometer, water spouts built into the walls, etc. Every single thing has been broken on it since I moved here 2 years ago except the most basic shower function. Of course, it has a sticker on it that has 5 stars and says “5 Star Quality”. Oh, China…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.