How Do You Backup Music on Your iPod?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHow Do You Backup Music on Your iPod?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi guys, I’m new here! Just wanna say hello and hope to gain some experience from you. I wanna download some new music but my ipod is almost running out of space. I really don’t wanna delete the old songs, so can I backup them to my computer? Do you have any experience?

Participant

Welcome to the Chengdu Forums!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=backing+up+your+ipod

Participant

Well if you bought those songs on iTunes I think it’s easy to get them back, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again.

But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that. Google iPod Transfer and maybe you can find something useful.

As a PC user that thinks iTunes is the most worthless software ever (for PCs) I’ve managed my ipod music with winamp. Simply drag and drop music files wherever you want it.

Participant

It really whips the llama’s ass

Keymaster
    Quote:
    As a PC user that thinks iTunes is the most worthless software ever (for PCs) I’ve managed my ipod music with winamp. Simply drag and drop music files wherever you want it.

Pretty much. iTunes is terrible on PC but works great for me on Mac with a 200+ gb collection. Organization is crucial once you get into 50-100+ gb, I find.

Participant

Found that’s very funny if you search what he posted.

Participant

I  used to use a software named “Sharepod” to export songs from iPod to pc . hope that help

Keymaster

Super old thread. Anyway, since this was posted I started using Google Music, it’s great because it gives you 20gb of free space and automatically uploads everything from your iTunes library to Google Music. They have Android and iOS apps which allow you to stream all your music. I’m done juggling multiple iTunes libraries between computers – easier to just stream everything from Google Music!

Participant

I’m done juggling multiple iTunes libraries between computers – easier to just stream everything from Google Music!

I completely understand you; I am sooo ready to migrate my library into some other program. However, I am not not overly warmed with the thought of using anything from google (another equally oppressive corporate master IMO).

Has anyone on this board had any experience with mediamonkey (the free version)?

Participant

You can follow the following steps:

1. Sync the iPod you want to copy songs from iPod to iTunes.

2. Go to the folder with your backups

3. sort the folders by date modified to find the one containing your the backup you just made (this step is only necessary if you have multiple backup folders, such as if you’ve synced more than one phone on that computer)

4. Make a copy of the backup folder in case anything gets ****ed up

5. copy the following files from that backup folder to a new folder

-status.plist

-manifest.mdbx

-manifest.mbdb

-manifest.plist

-info.plist

-3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28

6. Set up the phone you want to transfer texts to as a new phone

7. make a new backup after it is set up

8. go to the folder with the new backup created in step 7, delete everything in it leaving an empty folder

9. Copy the 6 files listed in step 5 to the empty folder from step 8

10. right click the iPod in iTunes and restore to backup

11. You should have a fresh phone, set up new but with all of your texts saved

Also you can read the guide:

How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.