How to Get a Drivers License in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduHow to Get a Drivers License in Chengdu?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could do a drivers licence in Chengdu. I do not have one and was wondering if it was possible for a foreigner to obtain one?

Participant

The link doesnt show, so check the recent topic lower in the list

Keymaster

Brian recently posted an incredibly thorough guide to the process of getting a drivers license in Chengdu, check that out.

Participant

Yeah I already read that and that would be a great help if I did in fact have a drivers licence. are there any possibilities for foreigners to get a licence if they do NOT have a licence at all????

Keymaster

Yeah I already read that and that would be a great help if I did in fact have a drivers licence. are there any possibilities for foreigners to get a licence if they do NOT have a licence at all????

Yeah, take months of driving classes and go through the same process that all Chinese people go through, in Chinese. I doubt you have many other options.

Participant

I guess. Apparently it’s even difficult right now for Chinese people to get their licences due to all to restrictions. Thanks anyway.

Keymaster

I guess. Apparently it’s even difficult right now for Chinese people to get their licences due to all to restrictions. Thanks anyway.

Yeah, sorry, I suppose they aren’t ready to hand out licenses to unlicensed drivers. I would say learning how to drive and getting your first drivers license as an expat in China wouldn’t be the best way to solve this problem. Getting licensed in your home country is surely going to be easier, I really doubt that Chinese driving schools would know what to do with an expat at all. Good luck-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.