How to Hire a Part-Time English Teacher

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHow to Hire a Part-Time English Teacher

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am a local Chinese who plans to set up an English training school for kids. I’m now looking for appropriate part-time English teachers, native-speakers perferred. But I’m not sure how to find and keep a qualified teacher.

It would be very much appreciated if you could give me some advice on appropriate wages, preferred working hours and any other terms that matters.

I understand how important a good teacher means to a successful class. I hope he/her is experienced, responsible and caring. In return, i would do my best to help him/her in Chinese language and local culture.

If you know anyone that you think is appropriate, pls do recommend him/her to me.

By the way, feel free to contact me if you need an advice on chengdu and its people here. I would be happy to help.

Email: [email protected]

qq:525773882

Keymaster

Hi Annabel,

This will be a difficult business to get started but if you have some foreign friends (native English speakers) who trust you already, that’s a start. The tough part will be convincing English teachers to work with you when you probably won’t be able to offer a very competitive wage or job security that the bigger schools can offer.

Most foreigners teaching English will require at least 6,000 yuan for a teaching job in addition to a visa, which you can provide when your company is registered and legal (which can be expensive).

With that said, the upside is that the demand for English lessons seems to be endless, and teaching kids can be very lucrative in particular.

Good luck!

Participant

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for giving me your valuble advice. You are absulotely right about the obstacles.

I am thinking about offering an attractive hourly wage, for there will be only 2 lessons a week at the beginning. Hopefully this will attract thoes who prefer to enjoy more personal time than teaching at the bigger schools and thoes who have their visa in hand and would like to earn some extra money.

I wonder if being a TCFL teacher will help me make more foreign friends.

Again, glad you replied ^-^

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.