I Hate My School's Dormitory

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionI Hate My School's Dormitory

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey there,

You know what, i have been in a bad mood for several days. What made me really angry is my dormitory and my roomates.

I was excited the first day i stepped into my school Because i became a college student and another reason is that i have escaped from the psychological shadow of living with other 7 people. I was lucky because i was assigned to a 4-person room. What made me more pleased was the other 3 people were kind. That is why we had a good relationship.

How time flies… I became a sophmore and we had to leave our dormitory. All of us were assigned to different rooms. And that is ok. I could stand the pain of being separated. But what made me really annoyed were my new roomates.

They don’t have so many courses everyday sometimes maybe none at all in a day. And they like playing games until the morning of the next day. They make a lot of noise which prevents me from sleeping. You know what, i told one of them kindly “would you mind turning down the computer?” Can you guess what he told me? “So what, I like this” I said “if you keep that noise on i can’t go to sleep” He said “You can’t sleep, that has nothing to do with me, it’s none of my business!” and then i shut up. I hate them and the dormitory.

Please tell me what should I do?

Participant

Aren’t there rules that roommates/students should follow? Someone should be available to enforce them. If it were me, I’d probably do something in retaliation, but that’s not likely the smart course.

It’s a he or a she? They have coed dorms in Chengdu now?

Participant

Hey Rick,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately are no rules that they have to follow. Because the leader of my school never cares about our living. And what does this sentence mean “It’s a he or a she? They have coed dorms in Chengdu now?”

And someone may regard me as a girl because of the name “kerry” but i am Kevin, a guy.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    If it were me, I’d probably do something in retaliation, but that’s not likely the smart course.

That’s exactly the first thing that came to my mind also. Disturb their sleep, which should be easy since it’s during the day anyway.

Like Rick said though, the right thing to do is probably get some kind of moderator involved. If that doesn’t work, retaliation.

Participant

I was thinking more along the lines of clip the power cable to his laptop in a way that makes him wonder “Why isn’t it charging?” without being obvious..as in right at the joint where it connects somewhere, so it could be seen as possibly just worn/pulled apart. 😀 Or depending how it connects, mangle or short a pin at the connection point — poof.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Unfortunately are no rules that they have to follow. Because the leader of my school never cares about our living.

The prank war is on, then. I will collect some ideas and post them here.

Quote:
    I was thinking more along the lines of clip the power cable to his laptop in a way that makes him wonder “Why isn’t it charging?” without being obvious..as in right at the joint where it connects somewhere, so it could be seen as possibly just worn/pulled apart.

not-bad.jpg

Participant

i am not one to recommend behaving in any uncivilized manner towards our fellow man (and forgive me for the following ungentlemanly words) but the audacity of that little @$%*ole to make that comment has my irish up…and i’m not even irish!!!

cretins like that usually sleep late into the day. accordingly each and every AM, i would be the nosiest m’fer that dorm has ever seen. i would make phone calls screaming into my cell, slam anything that closes, crank up my computer and play tunes, sing along with those tunes, whistle…i might even consider eating beans every night before sleeping. Can you say “roommate from hell?”

Keymaster

Since he’s disturbing your sleep at late hours and no one can help you out, you are on your own. Unless you want to escalate, your default move is to disturb his sleep.

You could just set alarms to go off during the day while he’s sleeping, but that’s not very funny or creative. If you’re willing, here’s what I would do:

Play loud music while he’s sleeping. I personally recommend you play this song: Slayer – Raining Blood, it is a noisy classic. Turn it up about 30 seconds in.

After this, explain that if he respects your sleeping hours, you will respect his. At this point he will hopefully be civil and respect your right to quiet during normal sleeping hours. If not, then you are at dorm war, my friend.

Although the idea of revenge is sweet, I think that hoping that he’ll be civil after that is wishful thinking. Assholes will be assholes no matter how many computers you sabotage, times you punch him, or wake him up with death metal. Things could possibly get worse before they get better, judging by his character.

You’re only there temporarily. Just try to make it through.

This might be a quick solution.

http://search8.taobao.com/search?q=%B6%FA%C8%FB&commend=all&ssid=s5-e-p1&pid=mm_14507416_2297358_8935934&suggest=0_1&source=suggest

I like the idea of of blowing up his computer though, just make sure he doesn’t know it was you.

1,Buy him a Monster earphone.

2,Set up a voodoo curse.

3,Find him a girl/boyfriend.

4,Encourage him to keep playing the game restless, eventually he’ll get Hyperthyroidism (happened to one of my old classmates) or sudden death.

5,Practice the game and become an expert yourself, sabotage and humiliate him in the game.

6,Pretend to be a female player in the game, seduce him then break up with him.

7,Find a girlfriend yourself and move in with your girlfriend.

Participant

Cress… I’m never getting on your bad side! 🙂

Kerry, I’d start with the “soft approach” before escalating this to all out war.

For example, remove the power cable from his speakers when he’s out and hide it somewhere different every day.

Or uninstall his sound driver. It’s not the end of the world as he can reinstall but persistence can be a b*tch.

If he asks you what happened to his power cable, just tell him “I don’t know, but I like it this way”.

Come on… I’m sure that would put a smile on your face, right? 🙂

If that doesn’t work you might have to go for Charlie’s, Rick’s or Cress’ tactics.

Participant

Send him a present…a BIG fat virus.

Hi Kevin:

Try this: Bring your girlfriend to the dorm and stay late as you can.

I meant as late as she can.

That happened to me when I brought my bf(ex husband now) to my dorm. My roommates behaved for a while then compained my bf intruding in their private space.It pushed them come to me to make rules for our dorm, I was on inside track with them!!!

It’s funny after many years now I think of them, every girl is just adorable.

Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for all of your replies. And i am glad to get your care about how to solve this problem.

As you know i’m a student who likes studying. And i think it is a proper time for us to learn what we need. Besides, it is a challenge for us if we want to live well in the future. I am thinking there is no need for that guy to go to school.

So i don’t think i will pay much attention to that guy. I may will go out and rent a house. Although it is expensive, then i will get enough sleep.

Thanks!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.