Looking for a Running Friend

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsLooking for a Running Friend

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, my name is Linea, I’m 20 years old and I’m looking for a running friend. I’ve been in Chengdu for 3 weeks now and I’m planning on staying for totally 4 months. Before I came here I travelled the east coast of Australia enjoying the beautiful nature, but also living the life of a backpacker, doing dumb, but fun stuff and drinking beers. In other words I’m out of shape, but I have a bunch of good stories to tell and two ears for listening when I can’t get my breathe.

Anyone down for running with me once or twice a week?

Participant

@Linea, I’ve sent you a message.

Can anyone suggest where are good places to go running?  (I prefer not to run on the hard pavement).  People have mentioned the University Running Track, or the Gymnasium.  Is there a time in the evening when people run there?  What is a good time to turn up?

Participant

Hello ! I’d love to join in on your running group. There is actually a running group called panda hash house harriers. They run every 2nd Sunday. This is awesome but its Abit few in between for me. If youboth are interested why don’t we start a regular thing? :). Also if you want to check out the panda hash. Here’s the website : www,.pandahash.com. 🙂 add me on we chat if you guys are keen to start a weekly thing : lexibecks

Participant

@Lexibecks.  I’m only in Chengdu for a couple more weeks – If I find a venue, I might run more regularly than once a week.  But I’d like to join other runners sometimes.  (I was exercising regularly before coming to Chengdu, and now I’ve lapsed, everything is in decline).

I looked at pandahash link.  I’m deterred by the emphasis on drinking.  Is this the (dubious) club that was featured on the Paul Merton series on China?  (Not Chengdu, another city).

Last year, I was living in Taipei near a university running track.  It was floodlit at night – and lots of people ran there.  Is it the same deal here?

Or is there a running track at the Sichuan Gymnasium?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.