In Chengdu for a Month, Looking for Friends!

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsIn Chengdu for a Month, Looking for Friends!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m spending a month or so in CD for work and would love to meet some interesting people here.

I was born in Chengdu, though I actually grew up in the UK. Chengdu holds some great memories for me but unfortunately my social circle consists of my grandparents and one childhood friend. So sad.

I come back to Chengdu every summer but there’s only so much exploring you can do with your family… Hence I would love to make some friends. 🙂

What do you guys like to do here? I’ve just discovered the bookworm and love it. Oh and my interests include all things food, music and karaoke, of course.

Lisa

Xxx

Participant

Im in the bookworm now

Participant

So am I! 😀 where are you?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    So am I! 😀 where are you?

hifive.gif

Hi Lisa! Where in the UK are you from? I grew up in East Sussex, spending most of my time kicking around anywhere between Eastbourne, Brighton, and London.

Participant

Hey Brendan! I am a true northerner at heart and grew up close to the Manchester United stadium. Never seen a match in my entire life though! Recently I’ve been living in London. 🙂

Participant

Near the window

Quote:
    Near the window

Lol! I missed the ‘where are you’ first read and this read like a stalker joke.

Whereabouts in London were you? I hopped about a bit, spending time in St. Margarets, Hanger Lane (bloody awful!), Barnet, and finally Ealing, home of the angry bus passenger.

Participant

Lol! Ian, if you look anything like your profile pic, it shouldn’t be so hard to find you. 😛

@Brendan, I was in Old Street, near Angel. Don’t think I’ve been to any of the areas you mentioned! What’s wrong with Hanger Lane? And angry bus passengers? Haha. I’ve witnessed too many angry plane passengers (and hostesses) here in China. Almost makes me want to leave the country sometimes!

Participant

with apple mac

Participant

Nice to meet you!

ahahahah your meeting with Ian it’s really funny!

Participant

Heh. Maybe I should conduct a background check on you guys and read through your post history before I meet you. 😛

Will pop by soon unless you don’t wanna be interrupted! 🙂

Participant

Sorry had to leave I have class

Participant
    Quote:
    I am a true northerner at heart

Definitely the best part of the country 🙂

Participant

Lisa – I live on the Kingsland Road and I’ve been here for 3 weeks (if you’re on Thursday’s flight to Amsterdam that would really be a coincidence too far!).

Couchsurfing is also a good way to meet people (locals and travellers) – that’s what I did almost 3 weeks ago – although I do visit quite frequently, but for different reasons.

I’m meeting an expat tomorrow evening if you want to come along. On Wednesday I’m having a leaving party with some friends here (you’d be welcome to come and meet a mixed bunch of Chinese and expats), or if you have free time during the day and want to swap notes on Chengdu I am free most of the day tomorrow.

PM me for contact details if you do want to come to any of the above.

Participant

@Elizabeth: definitely! Although in China I’m more of a South-Westerner, haha. Are you in Chengdu too then?

@Ian: guess I was too slow, sorry I missed you!

@Heath: I’ve no idea when my return flight is, I operate on a very last minute basis. 😀 No idea what you mean by couchsurfing, what do you use it for? Thanks for the invite! I’ll PM you.

Participant

Hi Lisa!

I have been in China for a few weeks now and am struggling to find a social circle (outside of work), so if you are free on weekends, PM me and it would be cool to meet up at the bookie 🙂

Adina

Participant

Hi Lisa!

I have been in China for a few weeks now and am struggling to find a social circle (outside of work), so if you are free on weekends, PM me and it would be cool to meet up at the bookie 🙂

Adina

Participant

Hey there, Lisa. Could be cool to meet up, always good meeting new people, and I have some spare time on my hand these days. My old job is finished and my new one isnae gona start for a few weeks. Discovering The bookworm was a serious find. I love that place, and try to drop in as often as I can, though for the last few months that’s been all too rarely.

Other than that the exploring I can recommend really depends of what you like to do. There’s often some good gigs or events happening around the place, but I’ve no idea what you like, apart from guessing you’re not into footie…?

Participant

Shame I’m away from Chengdu at the moment, could have met up. I know Manchester very well, spent a good part of my life there, I know Old Trafford very well having gone to college a stones throw away from the football ground, not the best place to live in Manchester, but also not the worst. LOL.

Chengdu lass in Manchester, and a Manchester lad in Chengdu, total opposites. Enjoy your time when your time in CD.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.