Info on Dream Satellite TV?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionInfo on Dream Satellite TV?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, Anybody here currently using Dream Satellite TV or familiar with it?

Participant

I download my stuff from eztv.it – or if I need Chinese subtitles, most shows can be found on yiyi.cc, pptv.com, or tv.sohu.com all fast streams (although often low quality). Never saw a need for satellite here…

Keymaster

I’m with Rick, I download everything. If you have a computer or iPad hooked up to your TV, PPTV works pretty great for streaming movies and TV shows, although not everything is available. We published a post on satellite TV in China a few years ago but since then internet speed has gotten much better.

Participant

I had Dream Satellite installed in my home about 3 years ago. Originally, it was a feed from the Philippines. Currently, it is a feed from HK. Nowadays I believe it costs roughly RMB2000 for a system like this installed and then RMB400 per year beginning the second year. This setup has about 15 Chinese channels and then around 20 foreign channels (HBO, Cinemax, Star Movies, CNN, MSNBC, BBC, Discovery, AXN, National Geographic etc.). They have to install a satellite dish, receiver and you need to have an internet connection as well. If you’d like the number of the person who installed mine send me a message, he’s still around doing this.

Participant

For watching TV shows on the internet, another option is 快播 ‘kuaibo’ which seems to have almost everything at the moment.

The software which is best for watching TV shows and movies seems to change over time, with the best software from half a year or a year ago almost useless for finding anything now.

Participant

Check out yiyi.cc if you can’t find stuff on sohu or pptv, it’s got tons of advertisements on the pages and need to install baidu player, but the selection is *huge*, far greater than the other sites..

Participant

Thanks everyone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.