Interested in Meeting New People

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionInterested in Meeting New People

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Quote:
    It sounds kind of like the cafeteria at a Volkswagen dealership. Anyway, I looked for it on Dianping but I don’t think any of these are the restaurant that you’re talking about. Correct me if I’m wrong. I’d like to check the place out, it doesn’t seem like many restaurants are 16 years old here.

Haha. You’re right! Actually in all these 16 years I’ve never bothered to check their name. It’s not displayed prominently at all and the place has never sought to establish itself as a destination noodle bar. Just simple, honest good food. I’m not surprised it’s not in Dianping. Can take you guys sometime.

I’ll try and locate it on a map and share the address here, but it’s within walking distance from Luomashi metro station.

Participant

@Lisa: horse and mule market (骡马市) is quiet far from the sheep market street (羊市街). are you sure about the location?

Participant
    Quote:
    @Lisa: horse and mule market (骡马市) is quiet far from the sheep market street (羊市街). are you sure about the location?

Yes; it’s about a 3 minute walk to get onto Yangshijie from the metro station.

The actual restaurant is located about 340m away from the metro station.

Type in ‘沁园羊市街店’ on Baidu maps, and it’s literally just the next shop down on Dongchenggenjie.

Participant

@Vic: We definitely need some test subjects =) But as I’m allowed to cook at Brendan’s home I would like to leave that up to him in the end…

@Lisa: Sounds like a great noodle shop. We’ll try it when I’m in Chengdu. Now I have a lot of noodle restaurants near the institute to eat through^^

@all: Thanks for the nice welcome here in Du! That’s really great!

hey lisa i was wondering if you want to hang out with me sometime

Participant

hey billy, don’t hijack my thread 😛

But I see you found her thread as well 😉

are you kidding me? gorgeous eyes and a smile like that? hehe :p (talking about her, not you)

Participant

I would be quite worried if you would be talking about me^^

for you it’s all about your sensual yet masculine HANDS.

hahaha i kid, i kid.

Billy you’re the first to get an invite for this dinner that Mike will be putting together. We need some entertainment.

😀

1264319881771.gif

Oh God. I’m like a one-note peripheral character in a quirky 80’s sex-com.

Participant

Hey guys =)

I will be coming back to Chengdu on the 24.7 for 3 weeks. Just wanted to know if  anyone is keen organising another dinner party or if there is a party planned at flower town?

Would be nice to see some of you guys again!

Participant

welcome mike, i know that school  i think its in East of chengdu . i went there before.

so may i know are you gonna hold a cook party ?

Participant

Yeah, that’s true 🙂 it’s in the Longquan District.

If someone offers me his/her kitchen I would be happy to cook for you 🙂 I will be staying at a hostel together with my girlfriend. She is Chinese and I will be coming back to CD to visit her…

If someone offers me his/her kitchen I would be happy to cook for you

We will do another dinner Mike, once you’re back in Chengdu get in touch and we’ll figure it out.

Participant

Sounds good 🙂 will get in touch with you once I’m back!

Participant

Hey Mike, can’t wait to see you again! And to eat your food. Nom.

@Charlie
    : Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve been away from CL/China for a good few months. You actually did stumble upon it on Dianping. It’s this restaurant: http://www.dianping.com/shop/527632. Their 杂酱面 is good but I’ve always had a thing for their 刀削牛肉. They also serve local home-cooked dishes.

Participant

*-* wow i smell food….!!!

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.