iPhone or Samsung Galaxy?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussioniPhone or Samsung Galaxy?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hey all

I am thinking of buying a smartphone but I only want one that will run the PLECO dictionary so does anyone know if it runs on the samsung galaxy II? I prefer to get the android system as I hate Itunes but am scared pleco will not work on it.HELP!

Keymaster

Pleco runs on Android devices so you shouldn’t have an issue running it on a Galaxy II. It didn’t have the OCR feature until recently but that should work also. I think the developer himself said that it works better on iPhone though so that might be worth consideration if that’s an important feature to you. To me, OCR is the most incredible feature of Pleco and is a must-have. If you don’t know it is, read this.

Pleco aside, I personally think the iPhone is a better option. If you’re looking for something that competes with the iPhone though you should consider the Galaxy III. Personally I’m not really a big fan of Android though.

Participant

I haven’t seen it running with my own eyes. but you can be pretty sure pleco supports the Galaxy S range because it’s such a prominent part of the andriod lineup. Specwise the S2 still holds it own.

if this thread is to be believed. “something like 20% of Pleco Android customers are using [the S2] ”

If you do get one I’d be interested to see it running sometime, compare to my poor old long in the tooth Nexus S.

Cool! I can’t wait to try it! 🙂

What I say whenever the “iPhone vs Android” topic comes up is:

If you want something that just works out of the box, iPhone. If you want to customize something to make it work exactly how you want, Android.

Quote:
    What I say whenever the “iPhone vs Android” topic comes up is:

…or: If you wanna party like it’s 1999…

Nokia-8210.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.