Iron Man 3 – Warning: Spoilers

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionIron Man 3 – Warning: Spoilers

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I dunno, I was kind of let down with the movie.

Maybe because it was unpleasant to think of him losing his “powers” and having to struggle so hard with everything. The explosive guys were a little OP seeing that the could regenerate, but it was not explained very clearly how to actually kill one of them or how/when they were defeated.

The whole fireworks scene at the end seemed a bit of a “premature celebration” in my eyes, because they never went to verify that the villain has died.

Don’t even get me started on the China parts. They were terrible! My Chinese is not fantastic, but I somewhat got the context and what they were saying during those scenes. It all felt really forced and “pro-china”. I don’t blame them for trying to give themselves a good image but it all seemed too obvious and show-offy. AND OMG! THAT MILK SCENE! Worst product placement ever. I mean I noticed it, but personally this just makes me that that milk company even more. Can’t say the same for the China people.

Anyways, it’s late and I’ve talked enough. Have you seen it yet? Which version? What did you like or didn’t like about it?

Participant

Iron man ?

Participant

Iron Man #3 – think less “lets try to make a great movie” – and more “lets cash in while the iron is hot”..

What’d you really expect 😀

That being said, new series out, “Graceland”, and it was *awesome*. Whose stoked about more than 2 or 3 movies a year when theres so much great TV out there!

Participant

Yeah, IM3 is a huge dissapointment. Even the actor couldn’t pull this one up. Back to rewatching IM1/2 and Avengers…

Participant

Well, I guess you guys saved me 50 RMB. Any other suggestions for new movies meanwhile?

Keymaster

This is already out in theaters here, huh? I guess the consensus is that it’s not worth seeing. That’s a shame, the first two were good.

Quote:
    Well, I guess you guys saved me 50 RMB. ANy other suggestions fo rnew movies meanwhile?

I heard that Django Unchained is coming back to Chinese theaters on May 7th.

Participant

Keymaster

I just saw this tonight. I’m glad I read this thread first because it kept my expectations in check. Basically I thought it was entertaining though, I wasn’t disappointed. I actually thought it might have been better than Iron Man 2. There were a few things that I didn’t like, mainly all the artificially inserted parts for the Chinese audience. Seems ridiculous to me, and I’m sure to most people here, but I also realize that those portions were added for actual Chinese people.

I thought the ending was pretty cool, and I was glad to see Don Cheadle emerge in the second half of the movie. I don’t know about all the panic attacks (kind of weak for a superhero), nor him partnering up with a six year old, but there were a lot of great action sequences and some good characters (Ben Kingsley!)

Overall, not bad. Not as good as Avengers or the first Iron Man, but as good as or better than the second in my opinion. I’m glad it was in 3D and that tickets were only 30 yuan. Nice way to spend a rainy Sunday evening.

Participant

The Croods is interesting and funny, although it is only a cartoon. 🙂

Participant

Just got back from watching IM3, I enjoyed it, way more than The Avengers which I thought was poor. Ben Kingsley stole it for me, great part and completely didn’t expect that about his character. The tacked on Chinese parts were just stupid, thank god the rest of the world doesn’t have to see that crap.

Participant

Actually, all the judgments abovel make me more curious to watch it later.:)

Participant

I saw it yesterday in Singapore. I don’t really recall any scenes of Chinese people or a milk scene. Are those only in the Chinese version? Or, did I just space out?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I saw it yesterday in Singapore. I don’t really recall any scenes of Chinese people or a milk scene. Are those only in the Chinese version? Or, did I just space out?

Those must have only been in the mainland Chinese version, I don’t think there’s any way you could have possibly missed them. There were a lot of them.

Participant

I thought those scenes were hilarious personally with the shameless product placement. I saw it with some Chinese friends and they were actually really pissed about it. One girl said it ruined the whole movie for her.

Participant

I went to see it last night. Some funny moments they even mentioned Croydon.

Everybody in the cinema laughed out loud at the milk scence which was pretty pointless.

Dora

Participant

I’ll go and watch it tomorrow. Look forward. 🙂

Participant

Actually the Iron Man 3 is not bad except the ridiculous Chinese parts and my friend and I quite enjoyed watching it. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.