Possible to Get a Tourist Visa Overseas?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPossible to Get a Tourist Visa Overseas?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all,

I thought it’s easy to apply tourist visa overseas. But what I got is that it can only be applied in original country(Germany). That’s so frustrated cause need to travel such long way back  home then apply it.

I’m not so sure about this is true. Can anyone help ?

Participant

Hard to say. If you give us a bit more info someone here might be able to help.

I’m assuming you are in China on a tourist visa now, correct? Is it your first time here? How many days have you stayed already in total? Did you get extensions on your visa yet?

It’s definitely possible to get a tourist visa in some of the neighboring countries – including Hong Kong – but not garanteed, you might get refused if the paperwork isn’t in order or they think you aren’t a genuine tourist.

Participant

not in china right now. plan to visit there. the original country is Germany but now in Australia.

Keymaster

You should be able to get one in Hong Kong, and other countries as well, not just your home country. But it may depend on other factors like which country you’re from, what kind of tourist visa you’re applying for, etc.

Participant

@Angelina

Should be no problem. I’ve been to the application office in Sydney (across from Hyde Park), and they accept applications for tourist/work/etc visa for Canadians, so I don’t imagine German passport holders will be any different. I was there in 2013 and this was the case, at least, only place you should be trusting for current information really is the office you’re going to be applying from. 😀

Participant

Yeah, I just got one at the visa centre in Melbourne and there were a group of backpackers (with non-Aussie accents) also applying..

Participant

I haven’t done it myself yet, but I was in touch with a visa agency in HK. They told me (as a US citizen) I could get the 10 year visa (60 days for each entry) in HK in two days for 2000HKD. A bit cheaper if you wait longer for the processing

Participant

I second this. Hong Kong, Chiang Mai or Bangkok will solve all your visa issues with no regards to nationality. Its a usual business there.

Participant

thanks for all of you. I had rechecked it last night and read a lot online. there isn’t a real German case but I think it possible to be done overseas.

Participant

Well, dont come to South Korea for visas. You can only get visas here for China as a foreigner if you have an ARC, Alien Registration Card, with 6 month lefts on it.

Daniel

Getting my 10 year tourist visa in Chiang Mai was my best visa application experience ever.

Participant

Well, dont come to South Korea for visas. You can only get visas here for China as a foreigner if you have an ARC, Alien Registration Card, with 6 month lefts on it. Daniel

Isnt it hard to leave every 60th day or did I misunderstand the requirements ?

Daniel

Keymaster

Getting my 10 year tourist visa in Chiang Mai was my best visa application experience ever.

What happened?

Participant

10 year tourist visa???? *looks suspiciously*. Whom did you married?:)

Participant

Getting my 10 year tourist visa in Chiang Mai was my best visa application experience ever.

What happened?

Haha, nothing dodgy going on, seems to be a new visa available for some countries like USA.

http://www.usccc.org/#!china-visa/c1nj9

Daniel

Keymaster

Haha, nothing dodgy going on, seems to be a new visa available for some countries like USA. http://www.usccc.org/#!china-visa/c1nj9 Daniel

Right, I know that ten years visas are common. The part I’m curious about is how it was the best visa application experience ever.

Participant

Thought I’d update this because I just got a Tourist Visa in HK. I went to the forever bright visa agency in Kowloon, and as a US citizen got the 10 year visa (only 60 day entries) for 2000HKD. That’s next day pickup. It was a really easy process.

Also of note is that I had a student visa that had not expired yet, but there was no issue in replacing it with the tourist visa. Hope this helps people who might’ve had the same question regarding student visas

Participant

Here’s a question,

I went to get my residence permit (student) renewed here in Chengdu last week, it was no trouble, but it’s going to take 2+ weeks to get it back. Why is it that in Hong Kong you can get a visa next day?

Is it the difference in residence permit and Visa?

Also, does anyone have any experience with airport security using the little receipt slip they give at the Entry/Exit bureau? They assured me that if I had that slip and a copy of my passport it would be no problem, but I’m a little worried that they’re going to hassle me about it(last time I was in an airport I spent 10 minutes trying to explain that white people can grow facial hair and that I wasn’t the fresh faced high 17 year old in my passport picture anymore)

Keymaster

Why is it that in Hong Kong you can get a visa next day? Is it the difference in residence permit and Visa?

Yeah, that sounds normal. The time you wait will vary depending on where you’re getting the visa and what type of visa it is. There’s considerably more paperwork involved for residence visas than for tourist or business (M) visas.

Also, does anyone have any experience with airport security using the little receipt slip they give at the Entry/Exit bureau? They assured me that if I had that slip and a copy of my passport it would be no problem, but I’m a little worried that they’re going to hassle me about it(last time I was in an airport I spent 10 minutes trying to explain that white people can grow facial hair and that I wasn’t the fresh faced high 17 year old in my passport picture anymore)

I’ve used the slip before and didn’t experience any delays. Your experience may vary depending on who you end up dealing with at the counter, but I wouldn’t expect too much trouble.

Participant

Awesome, thanks Charlie!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.