Just Moved to Chengdu from LA, California

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsJust Moved to Chengdu from LA, California

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello internet,

hope everyone enjoyed CNY & Spring Festival. As the title says I just moved here from Los Angeles a week ago. This is not only my first time in Chengdu, but my first time in mainland China. I’m trying to explore the city itself, and the surrounding area! I’m super active, love playing a wide variety of sports, and I’m super down with the art slash socialite scene. So if you’re interested in showing a newbie around; or embarking on some new adventures of your own, drop me a line and I’d be more than willing to accompany!

Have a great day =)

Participant

Hey Mark, welcome to the ‘Du. I’m sure you’ll find your feet quickly, Chengdu is a great place in my opinion. You said you like to play sports? How about football(soccer) The Chengdu international foreign league kicks off soon and i’m sure teams will be looking for players. It’s open to all levels and is a lot of fun. We play every saturday afternoon. Check out http://www.chengdufootball.com for more info.Drop them an email and they’ll help you find a team。

Participant

thanks a lot man, I’ll def check it out!

Participant

Hey Mark,

This is Richard, one of the many friendly chengdooers. You seem to be a really cool guy and I’d love to show you around because I got a lot of help from the Americans while I was in the U.S.  Plus you are from LA, I love people from LA, well, at least the typical LAers.  If you are interested in making friends with me, just  reply to this post.

Cheers,

Richard

Participant

Hi Mark! I will arrive in Chengdu in a week. I am also in for discovering the city and make plans. I am a Spanish girl, 25 yrs old. I’ll contact you next week!

Participant

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Chengdu! Don’t know if you like cycling around the city or countryside, we have some cycling event about mountain bicycles this month. Some mountain bikes maybe provided. Let me know if you are interested in~

Participant

Hey Mark,

We are doing a free group ride into the countryside this Sunday if you are interested.  Come by Natooke anyway and we can help you get mobile and provide some information about navigating around Chengdu.  If we don’t have what you’re interested in we can point you in the direction of someone who does.

Cycling is by far the fastest, most convenient way to get around the city and beyond.  Like Bellamy said, there are lots of cycling related events of all sorts all the time.  We usually post whatever we hear about here translated into English, organized by us or not.

Keymaster

Welcome to Chengdu! I first came to the city from LA as well, many years ago. You should come out to Dojo tonight and meet some people.

Participant

Hey Mark.

Just moved to Chengdu as well. I lived in LA for over 3 years, and northern California for over 6 years. Cerritos, Long Beach, San Diego, nothing beats Socal weather and the quality of living.

Also trying to meet new people, if there are any poppin events going down, let a brother know. I’m also down for hittin the gym or the bars/clubs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.