Kendrick Lamar's New Album

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionKendrick Lamar's New Album

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

C’mon guys.   “The second album”, so they say,  is the hardest album of the career.   Especially when you’re coming off something like MAAD city.

Give it a few months,  I think it will “reveal stage tricks like Jimi Hendrix”   heyhey – just heard that line today.   Bonus points to who nails the singer…

Participant

Let’s quit pimping the butterflies, yall

http://shanghaiist.com/2015/03/31/to_kill_a_butterfly.php

Flying Lotus interviewed Kendrick Lamar on his BBC Radio One. Not sure where the interview starts – this is just a  link to the whole show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05p70yv

Keymaster

Flying Lotus interviewed Kendrick Lamar on his BBC Radio One. Not sure where the interview starts – this is just a link to the whole show. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05p70yv

Nice! I didn’t hear about this. Thanks for posting the link.

Participant

If you haven’t gotten into Nas yet, do yourself a favor, get Illmatic and listen to it on repeat for a while. It’s one of those records you should spend a while digesting, and is by far one of the best debut albums ever.

Also, if you haven’t heard Run The Jewels or RTJ2, do. El-P is my favorite producer, and Killer Mike is one of the most charismatic and dope lyricists in the game today, so together they are fucking amazing. The mix of El P’s Brooklyn production/raps and Killer Mike’s southern flow is really interesting. I still think RTJ2 was the best album of 2014.

Keymaster

If you haven’t gotten into Nas yet, do yourself a favor, get Illmatic and listen to it on repeat for a while. It’s one of those records you should spend a while digesting, and is by far one of the best debut albums ever. Also, if you haven’t heard Run The Jewels or RTJ2, do. El-P is my favorite producer, and Killer Mike is one of the most charismatic and dope lyricists in the game today, so together they are fucking amazing. The mix of El P’s Brooklyn production/raps and Killer Mike’s southern flow is really interesting. I still think RTJ2 was the best album of 2014.

Agree on Illmatic, that is one of the few albums that I vividly remember hearing for the first time. And it still sounds so good… Amazing how it has held up over time.

I think that Run the Jewels 2 is pretty widely considered the best rap album of 2014. I would put Freddie Gibbs & Madlib’s Piñata at #2. I think 2015 will be a better year for hip hop than 2014 considering how well it’s gone already. Tons of great releases, definitely including To Pimp a Butterfly. Speaking of that, here’s a good breakdown of the album by the internet’s busiest music nerd on Youtube:

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.