Language Exchange

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsLanguage Exchange

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hello, I am an expatriate currently residing in Chengdu.

I am willing to tutor anyone interested in the English language for a very small fee or even just for language exchange.

We will keep it casual and fun. If you are interested we can setup a meeting place, at a place of your choice.

Reply to the ad if you are interested or you can drop me a mail at

[email protected]

Participant

Expatriate?What’s that?Are you expatriated?Or you just move here.

Participant

Expatriate?What’s that?Are you expatriated?Or you just move here.

From Wikipedia:

An expatriate (in abbreviated form, expat) is a person temporarily or permanently residing in a country and culture other than that of the person’s upbringing.

According to Merriam Webster Dictionary:

: to leave one’s native country to live elsewhere; also : to renounce allegiance to one’s native country

I have not been exiled from my country of origin if that is what you are wondering.

I am living here with my family for now.

From Wikipedia:

An expatriate (in abbreviated form, expat) is a person temporarily or permanently residing in a country and culture other than that of the person’s upbringing.

According to Merriam Webster Dictionary:

: to leave one’s native country to live elsewhere; also : to renounce allegiance to one’s native country

I have not been exiled from my country of origin if that is what you are wondering.

I am living here with my family for now.

Participant

Thanks for your offer. But CD Living is not the right place to post your offer. Since you got an QQ account, why don’t you make use of it. There are 136 millions users online at the same time. If you want to make a fortune from tutoring English, here are some tips:

#1. To teach at some professional schools(paying is good).

#2. Some companies need to improve their staffs’ English,(Opportunities are quite rare).

#3. Forget about money,If you just want to find someone to practice your chinese, There are many colleges located at Chengdu, randomly hunt a college student, he or she would love to be friend of you.

Participant

Thanks for your offer. But CD Living is not the right place to post your offer. Since you got an QQ account, why don’t you make use of it. There are 136 millions users online at the same time. If you want to make a fortune from tutoring English, here are some tips:

#1. To teach at some professional schools(paying is good).

#2. Some companies need to improve their staffs’ English,(Opportunities are quite rare).

#3. Forget about money,If you just want to find someone to practice your chinese, There are many colleges located at Chengdu, randomly hunt a college student, he or she would love to be friend of you.

Hi DuJiangYan,

I can see that you are a new user as well at CDLiving but I wont presume too much about you.You do know that it is ok to post my ad in the personals section of the Classifieds right?

Please read this sticky https://www.chengduliving.com/forum/topic/how-to-use-the-personals-1

It’s at the very top of this page, you can countless similar language exchange ads on this very forum & sub category, so I wonder why you decided to pick on mine?

I am sure this forum is here to help out expats living in China so advice like “Since you got an QQ account, why don’t you make use of it. There are 136 millions users online at the same time. If you want to make a fortune from tutoring English” is not useful to anyone.

If any moderator is around, care to weigh in on this? Thanks

Hi DuJiangYan,

I can see that you are a new user as well at CDLiving but I wont presume too much about you.You do know that it is ok to post my ad in the personals section of the Classifieds right?

Please read this sticky https://www.chengduliving.com/forum/topic/how-to-use-the-personals-1

It’s at the very top of this page, you can countless similar language exchange ads on this very forum & sub category, so I wonder why you decided to pick on mine?

I am sure this forum is here to help out expats living in China so advice like “Since you got an QQ account, why don’t you make use of it. There are 136 millions users online at the same time. If you want to make a fortune from tutoring English” is not useful to anyone.

If any moderator is around, care to weigh in on this? Thanks

Participant

Hi Lagspike,

I am sorry I made you feel offended, But I didn’t meant to. I’m a chinese, my english is not as good as you and others from english spkoen nations.

Of course you can post your ad anywhere you want. but since it’s an ad, I guess you want more local people read your ad, then go to places the locals usually go would be a good idea. Again what I said didn’t mean to hurt anyone, I just tried to help. I really should to work on my English to eliminate misunderstandings.

Participant

Hi Lagspike,

I am sorry I made you feel offended, But I didn’t meant to. I’m a chinese, my english is not as good as you and others from english spkoen nations.

Of course you can post your ad anywhere you want. but since it’s an ad, I guess you want more local people read your ad, then go to places the locals usually go would be a good idea. Again what I said didn’t mean to hurt anyone, I just tried to help. I really should to work on my English to eliminate misunderstandings.

Ah I see, thanks a lot for clearing this up. The poster above you Kerry Chou already contacted me for language exchange btw.

You are right my ad wont get a lot of exposure on an English site but the problem is that I cant type in Hanyu, or I would have put the ad on a local forum.

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it.

Ah I see, thanks a lot for clearing this up. The poster above you Kerry Chou already contacted me for language exchange btw.

You are right my ad wont get a lot of exposure on an English site but the problem is that I cant type in Hanyu, or I would have put the ad on a local forum.

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it.

I’m surprised no one else chimed in on this.

Chengdu Living might not be up there with QQ on it’s user base, but it’s the most specific Chengdu related forum for foreigners and Chinese alike you’ll find. I’d say that’s a pretty good place to start if you have any questions for anyone about anything related to living and working in Chengdu. There have been many (successful) language exchange/study requests made here for that reason.

I hope you both continue to post in the forums and contribute to the discussions held here.

Participant

@ Lagspike; You found CDL!Heaps of help available here.Where can I find this or that..where can I get a translation..Will take a few hours of browsing though….and the MAPS!!

Engineers know how to cut a person down to size without seeming to do so.

Hi Lagspike,

My qq is 164168137, MSN:over1sea~

I can pay you to tutur students or exchange language with you as I have been a Chinese teacher to students from many countries in Shanghai.

Participant

Any Chinese language teachers/tutors in the Huayang area?Please pm me.Thanks.

Participant
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.