Late bills: when do they disconnect?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLate bills: when do they disconnect?

• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Avatar photoAKK.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just paid my internet bill. They cut me off and apparently i was 320 kuai in debt (sometimes i;m kinda late with my payments). My gas got cut off last week cos i owed 18 kuai! (ikid you not!). Apparently they put a note on my door, which i immediately binned. Anyone else have experience with late bills and being disconnected, or are you cats all well-organised, conscientious people? Come to think of it, i haven’t paid a water bill for 6 months…….

Participant

I had to deal with this Sunday. I went to the China Telecom nearest my house and gave them the # my maid said I use for my account. They said the number was disconnected for too long and I had to go to main office. Went there, 2 hours in line, they said number no longer exists and I need passport etc to re-create it.

Then I left, angry, and immediately. I called my ex-maid, said “The number doesn’t exist, they cut it off each time or what?” She explained that the # is the old # from another apartment from a long, long time ago and through that # they could find my current #, and I just had to tell them clearly. They could obviously NOT figure that out themselves, even after confirming my *current* address and other “existing” number. So my ex-maid paid it and picked up cash today. Now I have the new # on the receipt. She paid 300 kuai worth, whatever that means.

The cut-off seems random, and it seems like it just kinda happens when it happens – different services seem more flexible than others. I had a 900 in debt gas bill just recently – because I too just threw the door papers away and thought it was taken care of when my maid paid the wu guan/electric/water/parking shit. What I learned from this is the following:

* Get help from a local to organize your shit.

* Keep each of your payment locations and identification numbers on hand, written somewhere and kept safe.

* If you get a bill sent to you, pay it as soon as you can, if you don’t know where just ask your friend or wu guan the first time around.

* Ask if you can ‘pay’ additional for more of a buffer, so you don’t have this issue as frequently.

* Still experience cut-offs due to poor communications and clarity on when you owe what to whom.

That’s about all I gots so far til I find a maid replacement 😀

Participant

Dude you had a 900 kuai gas bill!? Not 90? That is insanely huge! I have an old friend used to live here swears he never paid power bill for 2 years…lotsa stories like that float around Chengdu….

Participant

900. I think it was for more than 1 year of usage..

Keymaster

They all vary. With electricity, they cut you off when you reach zero in my place. Other bills I can go a few hundred kuai over before they start literally glueing bills to my front door which are nearly impossible to remove.

Participant

Weird, I’m always late with this kind of stuff but never encounter any problems. Went to the management office of my building a few weeks ago to pay almost 2000kuai in (all kind of) debts (no interests), but they never cut me off!

For internet I always just pay X months beforehand.

Participant

Weird, I’m always late with this kind of stuff but never encounter any problems. Went to the management office of my building a few weeks ago to pay almost 2000kuai in (all kind of) debts (no interests), but they never cut me off!

For internet I always just pay X months beforehand.

Participant

Had 2 weeks with no gas, cost? 62 RMB. Since i work during 9-5, i always missed their appointment for them to turn it on… Worst two weeks ever!

Participant

Had 2 weeks with no gas, cost? 62 RMB. Since i work during 9-5, i always missed their appointment for them to turn it on… Worst two weeks ever!

I had a nasty experience with China Telecom when they cut my Internet following non payment, which only transpired after 2 weeks of zero service, and zero technical assistance. Long story short, what ensued from there was another 4 weeks chasing my tail trying to get a competent response, including two failed technician visits (the 2nd time I found out he wired the phone line, not ADSL!), and a battle to see a refund for the 6 weeks with no Internet.

My electric is metered, and I tend to pay my gas each time I top up electricity. Haven’t paid my apartment service fee yet either, I figure I’ll take the free bet on inefficiency. Odds are in my favour!

I had a nasty experience with China Telecom when they cut my Internet following non payment, which only transpired after 2 weeks of zero service, and zero technical assistance. Long story short, what ensued from there was another 4 weeks chasing my tail trying to get a competent response, including two failed technician visits (the 2nd time I found out he wired the phone line, not ADSL!), and a battle to see a refund for the 6 weeks with no Internet.

My electric is metered, and I tend to pay my gas each time I top up electricity. Haven’t paid my apartment service fee yet either, I figure I’ll take the free bet on inefficiency. Odds are in my favour!

Participant

There building which have wuguan then you need pay the electric/water/parking bills at wuguan. Pay time is beginning of every month. If you didn’t pay on time will be ok, because the wuguan put you on debt for a while, so it is happen some people didn’t pay their electric and water bills for a years. It’s not so big problem for delay.

But gas need to go special store at the street. wuguan don’t take gas bills. The gas need to pay at every two month, actually there will be have a staff from gas company come to your house to take a record about how many gas you have been used. The store for pay gas bill it’s called 社区便民电超市(community coveniet electric store)This is place you can put money for cell phone and buy cell phone cards and pay bill for gas and electric everything.

if you don’t pay gas in 30 days after you have got that note from gas company glue on your door, the gas will be cut off. And also each day the debt will grow… so finally it would be a huge number!!! The called late fee.

That is for buildings have wuguan

But if you lived at old apartment without wuguan .Then is different.Water bills pay at the doorman at the beginning of every month. Electric and gas bills pay at 便民电超市。

But I know some building already have electric bill self-pay machine at first floor of each 单元。So you need to take electric card(you get this card from the owner of the house) go to 便民电超市 put lots of money in it ! Maybe1000RMB? So every month you just need to put card in the self-pay machine, then it will be done.

For internet bill is you put money in advance, when money run off the company will inform you once, but if you still not coming to pay it, this account will be canceled.

🙂

Participant

There building which have wuguan then you need pay the electric/water/parking bills at wuguan. Pay time is beginning of every month. If you didn’t pay on time will be ok, because the wuguan put you on debt for a while, so it is happen some people didn’t pay their electric and water bills for a years. It’s not so big problem for delay.

But gas need to go special store at the street. wuguan don’t take gas bills. The gas need to pay at every two month, actually there will be have a staff from gas company come to your house to take a record about how many gas you have been used. The store for pay gas bill it’s called 社区便民电超市(community coveniet electric store)This is place you can put money for cell phone and buy cell phone cards and pay bill for gas and electric everything.

if you don’t pay gas in 30 days after you have got that note from gas company glue on your door, the gas will be cut off. And also each day the debt will grow… so finally it would be a huge number!!! The called late fee.

That is for buildings have wuguan

But if you lived at old apartment without wuguan .Then is different.Water bills pay at the doorman at the beginning of every month. Electric and gas bills pay at 便民电超市。

But I know some building already have electric bill self-pay machine at first floor of each 单元。So you need to take electric card(you get this card from the owner of the house) go to 便民电超市 put lots of money in it ! Maybe1000RMB? So every month you just need to put card in the self-pay machine, then it will be done.

For internet bill is you put money in advance, when money run off the company will inform you once, but if you still not coming to pay it, this account will be canceled.

🙂

Participant

Yeah, i used to just give the money to the lady who read the gas metre and she would pay it for me. She was nice and always put the receipt under my door.

My old place had a swipe card for the power bill, but it had to have at least 200 kuai on the card. Once it went below 200, i had to go to a atiny little office behind Wanda Plaza and top it up, in person, no credit card accepted. That was weird, but i made sure it never went below 200.

Jerry S: 2 weeks with no gas. That’s rough man! Reminds me of being a student. Goddamned, we always had shit being disconnected! Fond memories….

Participant

Yeah, i used to just give the money to the lady who read the gas metre and she would pay it for me. She was nice and always put the receipt under my door.

My old place had a swipe card for the power bill, but it had to have at least 200 kuai on the card. Once it went below 200, i had to go to a atiny little office behind Wanda Plaza and top it up, in person, no credit card accepted. That was weird, but i made sure it never went below 200.

Jerry S: 2 weeks with no gas. That’s rough man! Reminds me of being a student. Goddamned, we always had shit being disconnected! Fond memories….

Participant

Wait, what? I have never paid anything but the management office. So I might have a shitload of unpaid gas bills!? My gas has been working perfectly fine this whole time though… Maybe it’s different in my building?

Participant

Wait, what? I have never paid anything but the management office. So I might have a shitload of unpaid gas bills!? My gas has been working perfectly fine this whole time though… Maybe it’s different in my building?

Participant

Vincent you better figure out who was pay for your gas bills.

or maybe you have a 螺蛳姑娘?seashell girls?

haha ~~~

Participant

Vincent you better figure out who was pay for your gas bills.

or maybe you have a 螺蛳姑娘?seashell girls?

haha ~~~

Participant

China telecom let my debt hit 320. Gas company cut me at 18. That’s cold-hearted that is…no love from Chengdu Gas…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.