Le Sud: Legendary?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLe Sud: Legendary?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys, need help here. Its been bugging me all day..

So after a hard day training, i wanted good pizza desperately. Then one of my students told me about a place called Le Sud. Good Euro style pizza.

So me and my bud went there for a late lunch. The place opens at 6PM on Sunday’s, but we were there at 3PM-ish. Then the workers there (two Chinese dudes) had pity on us (or me rather) and took my pizza order. The pizza was good, had the 3-cheese. The Gorgonzola did not hit my taste buds well, but whateva, haven’t had pizza in 2 months, can’t complain.

Right before we left the place, some Frenchie (i bet you 100000 RMB that Frenchmen LOVE being called Frenchie :P) came into the place. My bud told me he was the owner. So we struck up a little convo with him. Then within the 2nd sentence he uttered to me:

“I am LEGENDARY!”

Soo… Many thoughts came into my mind when someone introduces themselves as ‘legendary.’ Here were my thought bubbles/choices;

1) He banged 3000+ babes.. Or dudes, whatever, France is very liberal.

2) He is the ‘Lexington Steele’ of Chengdu.

3) He was referring to his pizza, which is FAR from legendary.

4) Drug cartel that rides a mountain bike in Chengdu and plays badminton.

5) Runs good game and gets his customers women all the time. And…

6) ‘Lexington Steele’ and the little Chinese women….

So yea, i have no clue by what he means with ‘Legendary.’ I am now wondering if he has cards made up with that title that he bestowed upon himself (very narcissistic of him if he does). So help me out, what makes him.. ‘Him?’

Since its near the Hemp House, ill assume people know of this place.

PS: I do not have a one tracked mind (as per my list), but when i think of legendary, i think of someone who revolutionized an art or something (Carlson Gracie, Fedor, Jordan, Bill Gates and Jason Bourne). But when a stranger calls himself that term off beat to another man/stranger.. Well, it got me thinking….

Participant

easy friend, he was introducing himself, not you, so he can call whatever the fuck he wants to call himself, no big deal 🙂

Participant

easy friend, he was introducing himself, not you, so he can call whatever the fuck he wants to call himself, no big deal 🙂

Participant

No not that, he said he was legendary around here! I tiz wants to know what makes him such a cool status, besides owning a great pub. Maybe he’s just the owner of the pub, then the owners of the Pug are as Legendary as well!

Participant

No not that, he said he was legendary around here! I tiz wants to know what makes him such a cool status, besides owning a great pub. Maybe he’s just the owner of the pub, then the owners of the Pug are as Legendary as well!

Participant

@Jerry S: could be that this French cat was taking the piss (being sarcastic). I found that Frenchies can have a pretty dry sense of humour sometimes.

But yeah, i remember working with an American cat here a few years back. Asked this cat “Man, you speak Chinese?”. American Cat replied, with absolutely straight face “Yeah, my Chinese is awesome”. I was waiting for the punchline, the sarcasm, for him to say “No man, just kidding, it’s really terrible”, but the cat was being straight. Shit, I thought, you gotta learn some humility man…

BTW: Frenchie’s restaurant is pretty damned good, maybe one day “legendary”…

Participant

@Jerry S: could be that this French cat was taking the piss (being sarcastic). I found that Frenchies can have a pretty dry sense of humour sometimes.

But yeah, i remember working with an American cat here a few years back. Asked this cat “Man, you speak Chinese?”. American Cat replied, with absolutely straight face “Yeah, my Chinese is awesome”. I was waiting for the punchline, the sarcasm, for him to say “No man, just kidding, it’s really terrible”, but the cat was being straight. Shit, I thought, you gotta learn some humility man…

BTW: Frenchie’s restaurant is pretty damned good, maybe one day “legendary”…

Participant

@Ray, true. Could be dry sense of humor. My training partner/student mentioned Le Sud because he is French. Now i’m going to ask him if he knows of the owner. If not ill just go there and get to the bottom of it, by showing him how ‘legendary’ i am ;)… Well, ill just go there for the pizza :P.

Overall Le Sud is a good basic place. Nothing fancy about it, just a basic cafe with the awesome smell of baked goods (smell similar to any pizza parlor in the states). I literally shed a tear when walking in, because the aroma hit every giggity trigger in my stomach! Hmmm, pizza…

Participant

@Ray, true. Could be dry sense of humor. My training partner/student mentioned Le Sud because he is French. Now i’m going to ask him if he knows of the owner. If not ill just go there and get to the bottom of it, by showing him how ‘legendary’ i am ;)… Well, ill just go there for the pizza :P.

Overall Le Sud is a good basic place. Nothing fancy about it, just a basic cafe with the awesome smell of baked goods (smell similar to any pizza parlor in the states). I literally shed a tear when walking in, because the aroma hit every giggity trigger in my stomach! Hmmm, pizza…

Keymaster

I’ve known the owner of Led Sud (Julien) for years, he’s always been a really nice guy. This is the first I’ve heard someone say this about him so I assume that he was messing around or something. If you ask him about this I’m pretty sure you’ll find that it was a misunderstanding.

Quote:

That person sounds like an idiot! I know a handful of people who do speak awesome Chinese but they would never, ever say that. Matter of fact, most will just say “Yeah, I speak Chinese”.

Keymaster

I’ve known the owner of Led Sud (Julien) for years, he’s always been a really nice guy. This is the first I’ve heard someone say this about him so I assume that he was messing around or something. If you ask him about this I’m pretty sure you’ll find that it was a misunderstanding.

Quote:

That person sounds like an idiot! I know a handful of people who do speak awesome Chinese but they would never, ever say that. Matter of fact, most will just say “Yeah, I speak Chinese”.

Participant

Gotta say Le Sud does a great pizza, probably best I’ve had in Chengdu and the price was really good. Thin crust, lots of cheese, good sauce-topping ratio, baked perfectly.

Participant

Gotta say Le Sud does a great pizza, probably best I’ve had in Chengdu and the price was really good. Thin crust, lots of cheese, good sauce-topping ratio, baked perfectly.

Pretty pathetic that you’re starting a public thread to talk about something someone told you face to face… wether it was a joke or not

Don’t you have friends in real life you can talk to about this? No need to give the guy a bad rep over nothing, especially since they opened shop 3 hours early for you…

Pretty pathetic that you’re starting a public thread to talk about something someone told you face to face… wether it was a joke or not

Don’t you have friends in real life you can talk to about this? No need to give the guy a bad rep over nothing, especially since they opened shop 3 hours early for you…

Participant

Maybe he just watches “How I Met Your Mother” and was making a Barney crack, “Legen….wait for it..wait for it….Dary” ish.

Participant

Maybe he just watches “How I Met Your Mother” and was making a Barney crack, “Legen….wait for it..wait for it….Dary” ish.

Participant

Bad rep? Quite the opposite. Infact i mentioned the ‘women’ stuff when he said legendary, he did not answer what he meant by it. Minus the lexington steel part. And i was with my brit bud there, we were both wondering what he meant. Julien also mentioned the badminton club, so it was not a hostile/bad situation. And it wasn’t a secret hush hush thing, then that would be different. Since it opened 3 hours earlier, it only adds to their favor! Bad rep is the Shamrock, attack me on that but F that place.

We talked for a few minutes, introduced ourselves and what we did. He said i can promote bjj at his place if there was an incentive, so its mutual. But what would you think if someone called himself/herself legendary (around here)? This only adds to his aura. If he is great buds with Charlie, then he is legendary status that provides a pub (great selection of drinks.. And i saw Jameson!) and wonder fresh cooked food items. Regardless, he has a great pizza.

Participant

Bad rep? Quite the opposite. Infact i mentioned the ‘women’ stuff when he said legendary, he did not answer what he meant by it. Minus the lexington steel part. And i was with my brit bud there, we were both wondering what he meant. Julien also mentioned the badminton club, so it was not a hostile/bad situation. And it wasn’t a secret hush hush thing, then that would be different. Since it opened 3 hours earlier, it only adds to their favor! Bad rep is the Shamrock, attack me on that but F that place.

We talked for a few minutes, introduced ourselves and what we did. He said i can promote bjj at his place if there was an incentive, so its mutual. But what would you think if someone called himself/herself legendary (around here)? This only adds to his aura. If he is great buds with Charlie, then he is legendary status that provides a pub (great selection of drinks.. And i saw Jameson!) and wonder fresh cooked food items. Regardless, he has a great pizza.

Participant

@JerryS I think the point is to lighten up.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.