Le Sud: Legendary?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLe Sud: Legendary?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Peters was always a little yawn, I’d only really go for big margaritas or like 9am super-big-breakfast (the steak eggs toast etc breakky) after a late-later-wtf night out 😀

I went to Grappas a couple times, it’s the same Grappas as chained from HK. It’s not bad. Some of the food is a little overpriced for the quality, but compared to most of the local “Western” food it’s a little higher quality I’d say. It’s the one at top floor of Galleria. Nice place to take a date.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I went to Grappas a couple times, it’s the same Grappas as chained from HK. It’s not bad. Some of the food is a little overpriced for the quality, but compared to most of the local “Western” food it’s a little higher quality I’d say. It’s the one at top floor of Galleria. Nice place to take a date.

What kind of food is that? I haven’t heard of that place. Top floor of Galleria you say, near Ikea?

Keymaster
    Quote:

What kind of food is that? I haven’t heard of that place. Top floor of Galleria you say, near Ikea?

Participant

In Chengdu, it’d be classified as “Italian Fine Dining”, it’s in the center of the Galleria (Ikea one) top floor across from the movie theatre concession stand/seating area.

A reasonable meal with a reasonable bottle of wine may run you 400-600rmb, but they do make good sauces — really good sauces for their foods in my experience. The exec. chef is French/Italian, I think.

Participant

In Chengdu, it’d be classified as “Italian Fine Dining”, it’s in the center of the Galleria (Ikea one) top floor across from the movie theatre concession stand/seating area.

A reasonable meal with a reasonable bottle of wine may run you 400-600rmb, but they do make good sauces — really good sauces for their foods in my experience. The exec. chef is French/Italian, I think.

Again, dibs on ‘JerryS The Movie’.

Again, dibs on ‘JerryS The Movie’.

Participant
    Quote:
    BTW bookworms new menu has taken a HUGE TURN FOR THE WORSE.

How so?

Out with the old in with the new. They changed recipe of the awesome oat burger salads, tasteless bland lasagna, burgers that more resemble sloppy joes back in the days of cub scouts.

However I still drink their house red and snob away with the bookworms on wednesdays night writers group.

Participant
    Quote:
    BTW bookworms new menu has taken a HUGE TURN FOR THE WORSE.

How so?

Out with the old in with the new. They changed recipe of the awesome oat burger salads, tasteless bland lasagna, burgers that more resemble sloppy joes back in the days of cub scouts.

However I still drink their house red and snob away with the bookworms on wednesdays night writers group.

Participant

@JerryS, what the heck are you thinking by starting a forum thread comparing the owner of Le Sud to Lexington Steele (WTF?!). Your original post reeks of some weird kind of deep insecure jealousy. I happen to think Le Sud’s food is excellent and my experience with Julien is that he is always a very gracious host in his restaurant. And I am sure if he said something absurd like “I am legendary” he was definitely ‘taking the piss‘ (as Ray suggested).

Stop trying to speculate about his sex/dating life and focus on cultivating your own.

Participant

@JerryS, what the heck are you thinking by starting a forum thread comparing the owner of Le Sud to Lexington Steele (WTF?!). Your original post reeks of some weird kind of deep insecure jealousy. I happen to think Le Sud’s food is excellent and my experience with Julien is that he is always a very gracious host in his restaurant. And I am sure if he said something absurd like “I am legendary” he was definitely ‘taking the piss‘ (as Ray suggested).

Stop trying to speculate about his sex/dating life and focus on cultivating your own.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Thanks for the info, Rick. I will check that place out.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Thanks for the info, Rick. I will check that place out.

Participant

@Adam West.. Sigh!!! When someone introduces themselves as ‘Legendary,’ WTF you suppose to think? I was with a bud, we both talked about it, i told him my guesses on WHY he called himself legendary. Hence the Steele part! Now my question to you is, Mr Psychologist, is WTF was i suppose to think? Sure i may have a few screws loose, who doesnt, but if you introduced yourself in a few sec of intro of ‘Legendary,’ then hey, who knows, i may consider you a Navy Seal, or an Astronaunt, whateva, but without explaining oneself, i can guess what ever i want!

All my posts ‘REEKS’ of my personality. I write shit on the net as i talk to people in their face. If they dont like it, i can a few words to piss one off (and i would say it in someone’s face) or laugh it off. Mostly i would try to piss someone off, i love to Choke people out!! (My bud is lurking and will laugh when he reads this last part 😉

THe food is good, leave it at that.

Participant

@Adam West.. Sigh!!! When someone introduces themselves as ‘Legendary,’ WTF you suppose to think? I was with a bud, we both talked about it, i told him my guesses on WHY he called himself legendary. Hence the Steele part! Now my question to you is, Mr Psychologist, is WTF was i suppose to think? Sure i may have a few screws loose, who doesnt, but if you introduced yourself in a few sec of intro of ‘Legendary,’ then hey, who knows, i may consider you a Navy Seal, or an Astronaunt, whateva, but without explaining oneself, i can guess what ever i want!

All my posts ‘REEKS’ of my personality. I write shit on the net as i talk to people in their face. If they dont like it, i can a few words to piss one off (and i would say it in someone’s face) or laugh it off. Mostly i would try to piss someone off, i love to Choke people out!! (My bud is lurking and will laugh when he reads this last part 😉

THe food is good, leave it at that.

Participant

I think some of you guys are being a bit tough on Jerry S. Seems it was a legit query he made, and i didn’t think he was being disrespectful to Julien. You know, some threads are not for everyone (the Samsung v. Apple shit for example bores me to tears), but that’s cool, i don’t post to it. Just look, almost 30 posts to this thread! It’s going viral!

Jerry S, keep ’em coming (I’m being straight now, not piss-taking as i was with CityVillage night club- well spotted Elias!)

Participant

I think some of you guys are being a bit tough on Jerry S. Seems it was a legit query he made, and i didn’t think he was being disrespectful to Julien. You know, some threads are not for everyone (the Samsung v. Apple shit for example bores me to tears), but that’s cool, i don’t post to it. Just look, almost 30 posts to this thread! It’s going viral!

Jerry S, keep ’em coming (I’m being straight now, not piss-taking as i was with CityVillage night club- well spotted Elias!)

Participant

@Elias I wasn’t terribly keen on Bookworm before but that’s too bad they’re even worse now. I do have to agree though that the house red is awesome and pretty affordable.

Just a general question to throw out there – besides Le Sud where’s another good place for cheapish pizza?

Participant

@Elias I wasn’t terribly keen on Bookworm before but that’s too bad they’re even worse now. I do have to agree though that the house red is awesome and pretty affordable.

Just a general question to throw out there – besides Le Sud where’s another good place for cheapish pizza?

Participant

Shanx Ray!!! Sometimes people dont understand from where im coming from, heh. If they read my posts they will see what i mean. But yea, when this stuff happens, i invite those to come to the BJJ club and get all their ‘anger’ out on me in person (i dont really hurt people, esp my bjj students.. My instructor is known to break limbs if one purposely injures another teammate, hence i’m docile.. ish). Maybe im doing a schtick to get people to join the club 😉

So yea, i will go to Le Sud again on Sunday, to get an explanation. To close this thread on ‘somehow’ I made an attack on Le Sud… And also try other entrees…. With a Margarita pizza! (im such a fatass!)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.