Lego School…What's next?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLego School…What's next?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just saw an ad for teachers wanted at the Lego school.  I thought the idea of Lego was that you used your own mind and imagination to create your own little lego worlds.  The world has gone mad.

I have written a small lesson plan for the first class.

Lesson Plan Week 1.

The dangers of Lego.  The students will learn the pain of Lego.

1. Students will take of their shoes and socks.

2. Students will be blindfolded.

3. Teacher will scatter various lego bricks all over the floor.

4. Students must walk from one side of the classroom.

5. Lesson over.

I was thinking of opening The School of Guess Who (80’s version)

Participant

I just saw an ad for teachers wanted at the University of Arts.  I thought the idea of art was that you used your own mind and imagination to create your own little artwork.  Has the world gone mad?

Participant

Vincent you should try the open mike night at Bookworm.

Participant

What’s wrong with the idea behind a Lego-based school? In my imagination it doesn’t have to be *utterly* and completely different than any other preschool/early ages school. It can just be much more focused around building things.. i think that’s actually quite awesome, especially with the state Lego is in today – touching into robotics and programming, damn. You know, I would absolutely consider sending my child to a Lego themed school in her formative years, I’m eagerly awaiting the day I can start buying her the larger style blocks and let her build things, we’re *almost* there.

Keymaster

I will venture a guess:

1. Playboy School of English
    2. Pepsi English
    Participant

Playboy School of English

I thought this exists, and it was called old Shamrock?

If you do some research tho, lego ‘education’ isn’t just focusing on language or communication (internationally, maybe in China that’s a large part of it). They have programs all over the world, from preschools to after-school programs, and offer content for teachers at all levels. Check it out, it’s actually pretty cool, also the int’l focus is on STEM teaching/subjects:

http://education.lego.com/

Participant

I know that world gone mad after Disney English….

I became aware Chinese gone mad after i saw 6 month kid studying in English language school…

Participant

I became aware Chinese gone mad after i saw 6 month kid studying in English language school…

http://www.learninglandscapes.ca/images/documents/ll-no13/byers-heinlein.pdf

Read page 99 forward. Perhaps it is not these “Chinese gone mad”, but you being misinformed about childhood language development. 😀

Here’s another:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2759761/

excerpt: “An early age of first bilingual language exposure had a positive effect on reading, phonological awareness, and language competence in both languages: early bilinguals (age of first exposure 0–3 years) outperformed other bilingual groups (age of first exposure 3–6 years). Remarkably, schooling in two languages afforded children from monolingual English homes an advantage in phoneme awareness skills.”

Participant

Lego has come a long way since I was a kid.

http://www.lego.com/en-us/mindstorms/?domainredir=mindstorms.lego.com

As a 43 year old, I’d love a Lego MindStorm robot kit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.