Let's Ski in Chengdu – November 12th

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLet's Ski in Chengdu – November 12th

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Good afternoon ladies and gents,

There is a new place which opened up recently which I’m sure should attract a little crowd.

Dry ski slope

Dry ski slope! I’ve heard that the prices are quite reasonable: 120 for the night and 200 for the deposit.

I’ve personally never had skis on my feet (really, never!) so it’s time to put an end to this. I’d be grateful for some beginners advice once we get there!

I was thinking to go on November 12th. My schedule is really busy next week and the rates are cheaper outside of the weekends.

Anyone interested?

PS:Charlie, I got this website from my neighbour but I cant read the characters. Would you mind adding this to Chengdu Places on my behalf?

First and foremost, fuck this website.

Couldn’t find an address anywhere. Their weibo says it’s near 国防乐园. Which is not too far from the city center. I’m in if they have snowboard rentals just to mess around. This looks like, strictly, a bunny course for beginners.

Though if you really want to learn how to ski/snowboard, you won’t learn shit on these types of courses. But for the sake of sliding around in a convenient location, it’s worth checking out.

Participant

I have a friend who runs the snowboarding club in Chengdu. At its highest point, there were over 2-300 members. Ill ask when the next time he is going skiing.

Quote:
    I have a friend who runs the snowboarding club in Chengdu. At its highest point, there were over 2-300 members. Ill ask when the next time he is going skiing.

Oh god, please do.

Keymaster

Great find, I haven’t heard of this place. I can’t go on the 12th as I have to work, but I am definitely down to check this place out. I’ll read more about this place on their site, I don’t really understand how dry skiing works but I found the wikipedia entry for it.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    First and foremost, fuck this website.

I thought the same thing when I saw “View more videos” literally floating all over the homepage, hahaha. I guess they think it’s fun to click on moving targets.

Participant

Txt’d my bud, he said not for a while, no snow.

Participant

I’m pretty sure I rode by this place on my bike about 3 weeks ago. It’s just kind on the side of the road out near 国防乐园. Can’t remember the exact road. Anyhow it is the “American Extreme Sports Park” or something like that according to the signs. It didn’t look open at the time. According to the paintings on the wall around it they offer other extreme sports like rollerblading and doing wheelies on road bikes. If I get a chance I’ll ride back out that way in the next week and then post the exact road it was on.

Participant

This is really cool…

Participant

The company invested all their money on the dry slope and had no budget left for the website… obviously! 🙂

Even though you can hardly call the place a slope i still want to give it a go to get used to have ski lats under my feet.

Participant

I’m stoked for this; are there any other avid skiers out there?

I’m looking forward to checking out the Xiling snow mountain but as far as I can tell it looks like a tourist trap. Does anyone know if you can get a season pass for the snow mountain?

Participant

Lino I am so up for this, and free on the 12th! I am the same- never been skiing but really want to learn and give it a try so let me know the details and I will definitely come along.

Participant

Hey Liz,

Sweet! I’ll keep you updated!

Participant

My morbid curiosity is getting the best of me, so I think I’ll be there on Monday. As a spoiled long-time skier, I don’t think I’ll participate.

But I do want to checkout Xiling sometime.

I’m off on Monday, so keen if people are still up for this? Still a bit sore after a wee run-in with a car on my bike, but will woman up for the occasion!

Participant

I tried dry skiing at a single-slope up towards the northwest a few months ago, the only thing you’d really learn that’s useful for real skiing/boarding is being used to sliding downward on a slope 😀 It’s alright though. The one I was on had tons of little white beads that you roll down on via ski/board and it seemed like the equivalent degree as a bunny hill, it was part of a larger park that I forget the name of with evening shows/bbq stalls in a big area/etc..and you paid per time, they also had tubes if I remember right. Maybe it was a special night or something because it seemed busier than it should have been.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    My morbid curiosity is getting the best of me, so I think I’ll be there on Monday. As a spoiled long-time skier, I don’t think I’ll participate.

But I do want to checkout Xiling sometime.

Me too. We’ll have to get a small group together for that.

Participant

I’d say let’s meet tomorrow at 8 pm but I’m afraid I can’t go as I sprained my ankle and I dont think i should be skiing if I value walking!

I’d probably would try next week as soon as the ankle allows thought!

Participant

Hey guys-

Bummer to hear you got hurt Lino. Rest up. If you guys haven’t figured out where this place is yet it’s at the far south of XinYuan DaDao 新园大道。If you are heading out of Chengdu going south you will go south on 新园大道, 国防乐园 will be on your left. 新园大道 hits a T intersection with 锦城大道。The “extreme sports” park is straight in front on the opposite side of the intersection, can’t miss it.

They actually have a mountain bike park out behind the main office that is currently being built (reason I went out there yesterday). Has a lot of potential. The “ski” hills don’t look much like skiing but should be a ridiculous good time. Have fun!

Participant

Charlie, let me know when the “small group” gets together and count me in. I’m a non-spoiled long-time skier/snowboarder and am curious as can be of what this is actually like.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.