Let's talk Taobao and Alipay!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLet's talk Taobao and Alipay!

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Any recommendations on floor fans from Taobao, JD or similar? My current one is a bit noisy, please let me know if you know of a quiet one. Some brand that do fairly quiet fans?

Participant

@Ray
    I like that article. I wonder how much actual quality difference exists, especially with quotes like “The problem is made worse by the fact that some of the factories that produce carbon fiber frames and components for those name brands, also produce some extras for the counterfeit market.”. I wonder about the ratio of people who, if given the option, would willingly pay 10x the price for a component that went through the official logistics channels of one of the brands than for a component from the same factory produced as ‘extra’ to sell on their own. I like companies who make great products and mark it up – even double the cost of manufacture, triple…maybe, in rare instances, but typically products marked up in the thousands of percent over cost are just straight up gaming on people’s desire to ‘want the best’ at any cost, ie. taking advantage.

Participant

@RickinChina:it’s a tough call. If it comes to an issue of safety, I’d rather not take the chance. But I hear what you’re saying about the enormous mark-ups on some products. Protein powder is a good example; the mark-up on brands like ON/Syntha/Muscletech etc. is huge, but these are trusted names and you know what you’re getting. But absolutely, if I could source some unbranded, legit stuff I would gladly hand over my money and say “I’ll take as much as you can get me”…

Participant

@Ray
    I agree completely if safety really is an issue, objectively.. but just for fun, I looked up some of the ‘expensive’ bike brands like Specialized mentioned in the article, and see recalls on like, handlebars (or Aero Bars for example)… and the terms they use to describe them are so janky, “Aero Stem and Hydroformed Alloy”, hydroformed? That’s like.. as uber as hydro-infused mineral water.. ie. sounds like marketing nonsense. 😀

huge, but these are trusted names and you know what you’re getting. But absolutely, if I could source some unbranded, legit stuff I would gladly hand over my money

You might want to just find a repair guy to take it apart, clean, and lube it. I’ve done this before to fix fan noise.

Participant

You might want to just find a repair guy to take it apart, clean, and lube it. I’ve done this before to fix fan noise.

Oh, I had no idea you’re supposed to lube it. Makes sense. Thanks! I’ll give it a try.

Participant

Hi! I’m an american technically. I only have the US issued and a couple of other countries issued credit cards. Could I add it to my account on Alipay? I’m in China now. I actually tried it, but it wouldn’t accept it, showing errors of the card information.  I wonder how other foreigners managed to add their cards onto their Alipay accounts.

Any explanation or suggestion is appreciated.

Zack

Participant

hi! anyone has any experience adding foreign issued credit cards to Alipay account?

I’m getting frustrated with this matter.

Thanks

I’ve paid with a VISA card directly through taobao. No need to go through Alipay. I believe there’s a small fee though.

Blocked

medical w33d for sale for more info on how to get it safely contact me via email..<b class=”gb4″>[email protected] </b>

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.