Level of Education in SWUFE Undergrad Economics Programme

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLevel of Education in SWUFE Undergrad Economics Programme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello !

I am supposed to come study in SWUFE in a few weeks and I just saw a blog article  explaining that the Chinese government is so eager to welcome foreigners in their English-taught programmes that it has caused universities’ standard requirements for accepting foreign students to lower dramatically.

It worried me a bit since I am already 25 and cannot really afford to « waste » another year in the process of getting a degree. I wanted to know if any of you study/ used to study economics in the College of International education, or if you have heard from people who have. If so, can you tell me what you thought of the programme curriculum, the teachers, the overall « quality » of the degree ? Could you also indicate where you have previously studied, so I know your frame of reference?

It would be great if I could get a prompt answer since you can imagine I am in a bit of a time crunch.

Thank you !!!

Keymaster

I haven’t studied there but I know someone who did. The quality of the school, and of the degree in particular, is not very good. In general unless you have a degree from one of China’s top universities (Tsinghua, Peking University) in a field in which they have a good program (engineering, Chinese language), a Chinese degree is pretty useless outside of China. Useless might be a strong word to use, but it’s not worth that much if you are seeking to use that in the western world. If you get a scholarship it might be worth considering. Hope this helps you out.

Participant

Thank you so much for your prompt and candid answer, you have helped me a lot in my dilemma. On a completely unrelated topic, I think it is really great that you have taken the time to set this website up and also make the effort to reply to people (I have browsed the forum quite a bit, searching if someone had already asked a question similar to mine). Keep up the good work and thanks again !!

Keymaster

My pleasure, I’m happy to help. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.