Listening Party, anyone?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionListening Party, anyone?

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Avatar photoDan.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I haven’t been too excited about a new release in a while, but I’m just now going through the new Panda Bear album (not available on VPN)and it’s some great psychadelic goodness, which got me thinking: would anyone want to get together for a listening party? I know it’s a shot in the dark and Panda Bear isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I thought why not ask? There’s something special about sharing the album experience and although I know it has narrower appeal, I’d especially like to try to get people together for a non-DJ/dance music-related sonic experience.

Ideally, gather somewhere 420 friendly with a good sound system and with people who are patient enough to listen through a whole album. Anyone interested can let it be known, and anyone with suggestions for an appropriate place can leave a message.

Participant

im interested

Keymaster

This is kind of a wacky idea. Interested.

I don’t think it’s too whacky! I think what Chengdu has on offer in terms of musical experiences is great (live music at hemp house and ja bar, great DJs at .tag and hwg, so many other things i don’t know about), and although I’m suggesting a get-together to listen to Panda Bear, I’m not trying to do something so high-falutin. Just, ya know, different. My idea is that it’d be specifically for appreciating music that you wouldn’t find in the places I mentioned above, and not as background noise to inebriation or chasing tail, you know? Not sure if there’s already a precedent for that here, but anyways, just testing the waters 😀

(and to Panda Bear fans out there: there are some surprising tracks on this album. Vocals are good as ever, beats are broader, songs are catchier than Tomboy. It’ll be cool to hear it on good speakers.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.