Locations for Electronic MRI?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLocations for Electronic MRI?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I know there are a ton of hospitals around Chengdu that make MRI scans, but from my experience at a couple of them and asking some people they only give you the option of a hard copy.  Does anyone know a place that makes digital copies that can be transferred to USB?

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Participant

My wife, who is a retired Chengdu doctor, tells me that they only give out the hard copies and she has never heard of any hospitals distributing electronic files.

Keymaster

That’s helpful confirmation to have. I have gotten an MRI once and my girlfriend got one another time, at separate hospitals, but in both cases we were given x-rays in hard copy.

Participant

I suspect that this is not a question of hospitals not updating but of minimizing the risks of importing electronic files into a medical computer for fear of a computer virus. So a digital image on would only be of use to a patient as no sensible doctor/hospital would choose to load a third party file into their computer regardless of any virus scanning.

Technically it is possible to take a photographic image in either positive or negative form and scan it to produce a hi-resolution digital image file such as a jpeg. However, I have no idea where you would find a photographic lab to perform this task these days.

Participant

Don’t know if this is of any help, but 6 months ago I had a CT (not MRI) done at the Friendship Hospital opposite the Jinjiang Metro Superstore. Upon request, they burned my scan onto a CD-ROM (or maybe it was a DVD). I don’t know if they can do the same for an MRI, but I do know that they offer MRI services as I had an MRI done there four years ago, but at that time they only gave me a film copy.

Participant

That’s kind of unheard of here but in South Korea they do it on a daily basis. They provide patient with copy on disk and forward 2nd copy to your Dr/clinic of choice and will contact that clinic to forward electronic version.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.