Looking for a Criminal Defense attorney in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLooking for a Criminal Defense attorney in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Topic says it all.. I’m looking for references for a criminal defense attorney in Chengdu, please PM or send reference contacts.

Keymaster
    Participant

now you have to tell us why. don’t leave us hangin brah.

Participant

Hit by a car in the afternoon…he drove away. I saw him stop in traffic 50m away, ran like Usain, and through his open window proceeded to prevent him from getting away.

End of the story is he had a little bit of a bloody nose, and I was charged with criminal assault. His offense was considered ‘civil accident’, mine was considered ‘criminal’, thus criminal defense lawyer required. Police give me a strong impression a large amount of bribery is required – PSB first question in the official ‘unofficial’ investigation report was ‘how much money do you make’ – and China has a 90% conviction of cases presented to prosecutors (done), so…yeah.

Usually this is sorted out via negotiation. PSB/Police won’t give any contact details on either side, so it’s not really possible. Middle-men equals extortion, welcome to the heavenly kingdom.

Participant

Yes, China has become an extremely litigious society, hence the reluctance of people to help the baby hit by the car in Dongguan a few mmonths ago. I “hit” a woman on my bike (she pretty much stepped in front of it). Paid ALL her hospital bills. Doctor said “she’s fine, she can go back to work” (God bless that man). Thought it was all done. Then police said pretty much the same things as to Rick: “How much compensation are you going to pay her?”…………..my troubles had just begun….

Good luck man.

Participant

i am a chinese. i just want said china is very very very very strange country.

all the article i read there only one person once mention that chinese is very very very very strange people.

Participant

maybe not every chinese is strange, but i really think lots of chinese is very very very strange. sometimes i just wondering the all the book i read is fake????

what a big fairy story !!!

Participant

Moral of the story is, if someone pulls a hit and run on you. You also hit and run. Good luck Rick.

I barely got tapped by car the other week but it was totally my fault for cutting out from behind a bus. I got up, gave the guy the middle finger and kept riding. Had it been worse I would have went GTA on his ass.

Real talk: One can only take so much.

Maybe we can pass around the hat after the football match on saturday for the “Keep Rick out of Jail” fund.

Participant

If only money could solve the problem.

I’m not opposed to ‘the dark route’. I’m not being given the option at the moment.

The police won’t allow me or my current lawyer contact info for the other guy, and say repeatedly the guys father refuses negotiation. They hold all the cards apparently. Now, it’llbe passed to prosecutors office to sort out whether he can get a conviction, and I need a criminal defense lawyer with connections there who can tell me who needs some lubrication. *sigh*

Participant

The other guy is about 188~ cm and maybe 220 lbs, says he’s an ex soldier looking for a job, drives an alto, and cried like a bitch right away……. I also stopped right away, as soon as I heard him shouting apologies. I agree with the momento above: lesson learned, next time run not walk away. 🙂

Keymaster
    Quote:
    If only money could solve the problem.

I’m pretty sure money will solve this problem and that’s what this is about.

Participant

So you are saying the guy is BIGGER than you. Effing ridiculous. Like Charlie said, hes an overgrown child who wants to buy a shinier car… so he wants you to help out with that.

Participant

Agreed Charlie. Current lawyer telling me only option is to ‘blend’ with prosecutor or judge.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Current lawyer telling me only option is to ‘blend’ with prosecutor or judge.

What does that even mean? After this whole thing is over, want to write a post about it for us? I haven’t heard of a foreigner going to court over this before. Sucks that it’s happening to you, but it is very interesting and I’d love to hear more about it. I’m sure other people would also.

Participant

勾兑, it translates via google into “blending”, but essentially means bribery.

As ridiculous as the whole thing is, it’s made me rethink in some sense how I deal with situations, I think. At this point it has little to do with money or even prison, it has all to do with the potential implications a ‘criminal conviction’ may have on my future visas. If I can’t get a visa, I’ll be fine back home – but it leaves me with massive headaches and lost investment here – 8+ years, apartment, vehicle, my little kitties, lots of issues..that’s the sad part.

Charlie, I’ll gladly write up a post with everything I learn during this process, and if one of my friends can swing something I’ll make sure to be clear on what works and what doesn’t.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Charlie, I’ll gladly write up a post with everything I learn during this process, and if one of my friends can swing something I’ll make sure to be clear on what works and what doesn’t.

Awesome. Good luck!

Participant

So for an ex solider, who stands giants among Chinese people (220 lbs either means he is very jacked or just fat), cried like a little bitch when the ‘white man’ punched him? Damn… Shouldnt his military instincts kick him when someone throws a straight right? I mean, my first reaction when someone does that.. is not to cry to mommy… He probably got his balls removed during his military stint too…

Meh, the way i look at it, he hit you while driving, so your life was in danger. Because of that, you told him, politely, ‘dude heres a memento, *pop* dont do it again.’ All and all, its fair play, a life vs a punch (the fact he drove away fast didnt help matters…)… Too bad you cant counter sue 🙁

Participant

It was through the window too. I was on the edge of ripping him out through the window, but he didn’t fit. 😀

Participant

nobody will hits without reason.. there is a chinese quote say as”一念天堂,一念地狱”, in what your thought or attitude can leads you towards a certain direction, heaven or hell as metaphor…..

Keymaster
    Quote:
    So for an ex solider, who stands giants among Chinese people (220 lbs either means he is very jacked or just fat), cried like a little bitch when the ‘white man’ punched him?

Seriously, that is a gigantic Chinese person…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.