Looking for a Criminal Defense attorney in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLooking for a Criminal Defense attorney in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It’s all about greed and opportunism; nothing to do with right or wrong. The people you see on the road, writhing in pain, refusing to get up after a minor bike bingle are looking for a fast buck. It’s extortion. The Alto-driving guy sees the chance at making a fast buck. It’s immoral, sickening, cowardly. Compensation paid even in the absence of injury? What a concept! The only thing that genuinely, truly turns my stomach in this generally fantastic country… again, good luck Rick.

Participant

hope you can finish this as soon as possible.

Participant

He said his nose was broken ‘on the inside’. It only bled a little, but he claims to have the ‘injury report’ and apparently he can’t get a job now because of the disability *sigh*. He said they turned him down as a security guard at bank of china due to this – I believe they turned him down, but probably because he cried when he got popped in the nose, not because he had some internal nose injury.

RE: “gigantic”, well, I’m 185 and he seemed a little taller than me – definitely fatter, so maybe not 220 due to low density..maybe 200? Either way, yah.

RE: extortion – in this case it’s not extortion from the chump, it’s extortion from the police. I’ll explain in more details once it’s resolved in a story 😀 A few days ago I changed my MSN tag to “First-hand experience with extortion in China changes one’s perspective on the ‘Heavenly Kingdom’.”

Participant

i agree with Ray, somehow you make right conclude of current China Phenomenon. As a local average person, i usually turn those problem towards a reason of huge population issue, coz of that people hard to regulation in a high moral level, even not say the people was born in poverty family or under-educated background. Even Chinese people ourself who feel uncomfortable within living area, although some residents have right conscious and most of whom take indifference….

Participant

lot’s of people in this country don’t have they own thinking,like a robot.that’s my answer.

they already lost ability of thinking.If they still have ability thinking, even it is big population they will choose to do sth and not to do sth!

but i think lot’s Chinese people have very twisted life.

it’s not feeling very well to talking about this , because i am a Chinese too.

But truth is truth. doesn’t matter if you want to face it or not!!

sigh!

Participant

and one more thing .

any man who was crying when have fight with other man, that was really~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~sucks!

Participant

Well, it’s past the Procuratorate phase. It’s passed to the court. I’ll be going through the court process, 100%, and the procuratorate told my Lawyers the exact same thing that the first police, the PSB, and everyone else involved said, “I don’t think it’s a big thing, should be resolved easily”.

I can imagine the court’s ruling: “Guilty of criminal assault, but don’t worry, it’s not a big thing”. M’fers.

Also found out the guy who is claiming serious injury didn’t even go to the hospital for 3 days – the day after I told the police at the ‘investigation report’ that the other guy can go f’ himself and I’m not interested in negotiating compensation, and that he can sue me if he likes. He went to the hospital the next day. He apparently stayed for 2 weeks, then went to Beijing for plastic surgery. Who wants to bet he fucked up his own face and is saying it’s because of me? *cheers* for peasants.

Participant

Well, it’s past the Procuratorate phase. It’s passed to the court. I’ll be going through the court process, 100%, and the procuratorate told my Lawyers the exact same thing that the first police, the PSB, and everyone else involved said, “I don’t think it’s a big thing, should be resolved easily”.

I can imagine the court’s ruling: “Guilty of criminal assault, but don’t worry, it’s not a big thing”. M’fers.

Also found out the guy who is claiming serious injury didn’t even go to the hospital for 3 days – the day after I told the police at the ‘investigation report’ that the other guy can go f’ himself and I’m not interested in negotiating compensation, and that he can sue me if he likes. He went to the hospital the next day. He apparently stayed for 2 weeks, then went to Beijing for plastic surgery. Who wants to bet he fucked up his own face and is saying it’s because of me? *cheers* for peasants.

Get ready to show up in court looking like a homeless bum, face blacked out with grime. Not even joking.

Get ready to show up in court looking like a homeless bum, face blacked out with grime. Not even joking.

Participant

I was thinking hard about how I’ll show up to court etc. There are 2 steps – one is I go with my lawyer together and they show us all of the evidence/information/etc, then we can take photocopies of all that shit, and the 2nd is to present/get judgement.

I was thinking to just dress business casual, try to look ‘nice’ and shaven, maybe even wear glasses so I look less threatening.

Why would I dress up like a bum with blacked out grime on my face, dude, they would LOVE to get rid of that kinda foreigner 😉 I want to find a way to demonstrate that I *pay the country* a lot of fuckin money through investment and taxes, and the dude who is charging me with this is creating a frivolous lawsuit because he has no job and thought it’s a great way to make a quick buck – at the cost of so many public employee’s time in addition to my own. I contribute to “China”, he just feeds off it, LET ME GO. Something like that 😉

Participant

I was thinking hard about how I’ll show up to court etc. There are 2 steps – one is I go with my lawyer together and they show us all of the evidence/information/etc, then we can take photocopies of all that shit, and the 2nd is to present/get judgement.

I was thinking to just dress business casual, try to look ‘nice’ and shaven, maybe even wear glasses so I look less threatening.

Why would I dress up like a bum with blacked out grime on my face, dude, they would LOVE to get rid of that kinda foreigner 😉 I want to find a way to demonstrate that I *pay the country* a lot of fuckin money through investment and taxes, and the dude who is charging me with this is creating a frivolous lawsuit because he has no job and thought it’s a great way to make a quick buck – at the cost of so many public employee’s time in addition to my own. I contribute to “China”, he just feeds off it, LET ME GO. Something like that 😉

I would love to agree with you and put faith in a bona fide outcome, and ‘joking’ aside would want to do exactly the same thing, show up and make as good an impression as possible and present the case. I just couldn’t help but feel nervous about the prospect of landing a competent judge in that situation. The fact that the guy has gone to the length of having ‘plastic surgery’, and skipped working just infuriates. I hope you get it figured out.

I would love to agree with you and put faith in a bona fide outcome, and ‘joking’ aside would want to do exactly the same thing, show up and make as good an impression as possible and present the case. I just couldn’t help but feel nervous about the prospect of landing a competent judge in that situation. The fact that the guy has gone to the length of having ‘plastic surgery’, and skipped working just infuriates. I hope you get it figured out.

Participant

He didn’t skip working 😀 he never had a job. He made this whole situation his job..essentially.

Anyways I will do as promised, and write up a perspective piece on what I’ve learned from a process and best practices in this type of situation and I guess overall thoughts on dealing with this kinda shit for future would-be-laowai ran over by fuckface. 😀

Participant

He didn’t skip working 😀 he never had a job. He made this whole situation his job..essentially.

Anyways I will do as promised, and write up a perspective piece on what I’ve learned from a process and best practices in this type of situation and I guess overall thoughts on dealing with this kinda shit for future would-be-laowai ran over by fuckface. 😀

Participant

I hope your matter has been resolved. Unfortunately, the behavior of some Chinese people are too selfish. Law is imperfect, so many people find loopholes.

Participant

I hope your matter has been resolved. Unfortunately, the behavior of some Chinese people are too selfish. Law is imperfect, so many people find loopholes.

Good luck on that. Does not sound like anything that I would ever want to be involved in in this country. The rule of law being all work in progress and whatnot. Not sure if behaviour like that of your opponent is a chinese phenomenon though. In the leading democracy of the world people are able to extort millions to billions out of people/companies because they were stupid enough to burn their fingers on a papercup with coffee or because they didnt know that smoking was not beneficial to their physical wellbeing. Human willingness to cry victim when they smell financial gain is universal, probably has been for a long time.

Really hope this will get sorted in a decent manner. Fingers crossed.

Good luck on that. Does not sound like anything that I would ever want to be involved in in this country. The rule of law being all work in progress and whatnot. Not sure if behaviour like that of your opponent is a chinese phenomenon though. In the leading democracy of the world people are able to extort millions to billions out of people/companies because they were stupid enough to burn their fingers on a papercup with coffee or because they didnt know that smoking was not beneficial to their physical wellbeing. Human willingness to cry victim when they smell financial gain is universal, probably has been for a long time.

Really hope this will get sorted in a decent manner. Fingers crossed.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.