Looking for a Job in a Hotel or Restaurant

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsLooking for a Job in a Hotel or Restaurant

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there,

I am currently looking for a job in Chengdu as F&B trainee. At the moment I am attending the Swiss Hotel Management School Lucerne (SHL). I just finished my second semester where we were trained in everything concerning F&B like bartending, working in a restaurant as waiter and manager, extensive wine knowledge (WSET level 2), upselling and guest relations to name a few.

Does anyone of you happen to know of a job vacancy or knows anyone I could send my application to? I am really grateful for all your help!

Warm greetings

Mike

P.S. Of course I am happy to send you my cover letter, CV and testimonials for more details!

Keymaster

Are you in Switzerland or Chengdu? I would look at 5-star hotels in the city, I imagine there would be a lot of opportunity here. Luxury hotels are popping up everywhere here (the Ritz Carlton recently opened) but I think a challenge for these type of places might be providing world class service since I imagine it must be difficult to local Chinese people to do that.

Some luxury hotels off the top of my head: Sofitel, Shangrila, Intercontinental, Kempinski, Crowne Plaza, etc. It might be easier to find opportunities in the international luxury hotels rather than Chinese ones (like the Jinjiang Hotel).

Participant

A nice day Mike, I will write to you a pm with some contact… good luck! 😉

Participant

Any of you who attended Brendan’s lunch when Mike cooked will agree with me: GIVE THIS MAN A JOB!
    The food was amazing….

Participant

@Charlie: I’m in Switzerland atm but will be flying to CD on Friday. Will definitely be visiting some international hotels 😉 hope to find a job like this!

@Federico: Thanks for your help!

@Ray: we should do that again, right? 😉

Participant

Hi Mike – I have a contact in one of the 5 star hotels in Chengdu – they asked if I could forward them your CV and covering letter – if you can email me (I will send you a Private message) happy to help you out! Welcome to Chengdu!

Participant

Within my stay in Chengdu I have been working for two hotels. Dont set your expectations too high. The way hotels are ran abroad is quite different. But overall its still a good experience. Don`t want to give any further explanations considering recent post about “unhappy foreigners” :)))

I bet you won`t have troubles finding a job.

P.S. I`m happy in Chengdu, and in China in general.
    Regards.

Participant

Haha, I understand 🙂 Could you maybe drop me a line via pm with some details? Would be interesting to know your experiences. And actually I am quite struggling to find something. It does not seem to be that easy unfortunately…

I love Chengdu as well. Just arrived here yesterday 🙂

Participant

Haha, I understand :) Could you maybe drop me a line via pm with some details? Would be interesting to know your experiences. And actually I am quite struggling to find something. It does not seem to be that easy unfortunately…

I love Chengdu as well. Just arrived here yesterday :)

hi, mike, there’s a 5 strars restaurant is recruiting Assistant F&B Director, are you instrested in it? i can send your vc to the restaurant. 🙂 i’ve sent my contact info. through private message. welcome to chengdu

Participant

@Mike: can’t agree with slavssky more….  <span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 15px; white-space: nowrap; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.292969); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469);”>http://job.veryeast.cn/1448339 .</span>

anyway , chengdu has more than 50 5 star hotels and most of them are of international famous brand such as intercontinental , Starwood and shangrila …..go to their official websites , u d see a lot job opportunities.. Also u can simply go to <span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 15px; white-space: nowrap; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.292969); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469);”>http://english.veryeast.cn/ </span&gt;

St Regis might be the best hotel in chengdu from next year on , I had set my eyes on it but ….anyway, it will open next year in the first quarter and they need stuff  all the positions.maybe u can try There… Above link about veryeast is the largest and most famous     Job hunting website for hospitality industry in China. Chengdu as the centre of southwest China is growing in a very fast pace. Every year u can expect 2-5 new 5 star hotels to open…while Chinese as I am , even majored at this  , can not benefit from this, u do have a bright future here..

Participant

@Sue: Hope you have received my e-mail?

@Tina
    : I know that there are many international 5* hotels in Chengdu. Hope to find something soon. Will also send you a PM 😉

Participant

Mike, sorry mate, at some pints I don`t show up on the forum. Feel free to add my on skype, so I could answer your questions – antistaticlv

Participant

Hi Mike

Im opening up a hotel with Swire Hotels next year in Chengdu

http://www.swirehotels.com/en/Our-Hotels/The-House-Collection/The-Temple-House.aspx#/en/Our-Hotels/The-House-Collection/The-Temple-House/

Whilst we won’t have any positions available till next year feel free to send me your CV and ill keep in contact when something does arise.

Good luck job hunting!

Participant

@Slavsky: After some pints I’m normally not showing up anywhere 😛 Will add you on Skype anyway!

@MarkP
    : Checked the website and it looks really great! Is it right that you will open the of the year? Can you maybe send me your e-mail-adress via PM so I can send you my CV and testimonials? Thanks for you offer!

Kind regards to both =)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.