Looking for a Tibetan Piglet

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLooking for a Tibetan Piglet

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I’m looking for piglet, a tibetan one. It’s hard to get. I tried the pet markets in chengdu, I asked the butchers but nobody knows.

If anybody could help me, I would be more than grateful….

thanks a lot..

Participant

My first time hearing this pig. Looks cute! Good luck!

Participant

Do you want it as a pet? Butchers…You want to eat it?

Participant

‘The pigs have slow growth and attain a body weight of 20-25 kg at 12 months and 35-40kg at 24 months of age.’

—- I guess its difficult to raise it as a pet?

Participant

The Tibetan Pig breeding base that sells babes is in Xinyi City, Jiangsu Province. The price is 1,500~1800 for one. Call 18952281269 for more details.

Here’s more: http://www.hyzxz.net/product.asp?classid=76

This one is like a taobao for livestock: http://search.china.alibaba.com/selloffer/offer_search.htm?keywords=%B2%D8%CF%E3%D6%ED%D6%ED%C3%E7&n=y

…This is a thing? If you get one can I come over and play with it?

thanks a lot for ur help, I wanna have it as a pet,

is there no place closer to chengdu , where I could get it ?

Participant

I first heard that,and find some information for you.Phone NO.028-028-85587921,Mr Cui.Addr:NO.3 WuHouci Street,Chengdu city.Good luck!You can find that Link

Keymaster
    Quote:
    …This is a thing? If you get one can I come over and play with it?

This! Never heard of a Tibetan piglet but I’m fascinated.

Participant

ya, i searched baidu for a food 20 mins. apparently there’s a place in the wuhou district, but i don’t know if they sell it live or just the meat. the address isnt listed.

Participant

These ‘toy’ pigs are somewhat popular in the States, too. One caveat, if you feed them too much (which they enjoy), they’ll morph out of the tiny category and into the not-so-tiny category, making them maybe not the cute cuddly pet you were dreaming of. Are you planning on taking it home with you when you leave China, assuming that you will? If you make an intelligent animal a pet and then leave it in a country where they’re frequently on the menu, well… I’m one of those corny ‘furever’ kinda people who think if you adopt anything, you better be making a committment to it for its life, and not that it will end on somebody’s dinner plate. Just sayin’ maybe give it a little more thought 🙂

Participant

Judith, the tibetan pigs you mentioned are suitable for pets but the get rather large. Have you considered a mini potbellied pig (迷你香猪)? I knew someone in Beijing who had one and it was super cool. They’re smart, exceptionally trainable, clean, and hilarious to have as pets.

They appear to be available close by too, via taobao

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Judith, the tibetan pigs you mentioned are suitable for pets but the get rather large. Have you considered a mini potbellied pig (迷你香猪)? I knew someone in Beijing who had one and it was super cool. They’re smart, exceptionally trainable, clean, and hilarious to have as pets.

That sounds like an awesome pet, I’m surprised that I’ve never seen one of those domesticated.

Participant
    Quote:

+_+ so cute…

Participant

Lots of dogs need a good home in Chengdu Adopt

Participant

tumblr_mjl5euMsv11rgbcoro1_250.gif

Participant

You should get a teacup pig:

teacup.jpg

Participant

Thanks Eric and Ty: You made my day!

I found my piglet…thanks to all of you for ur help…it s great

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.