Looking for an Apartment Near Minzu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLooking for an Apartment Near Minzu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everybody, I’ll be a student at Southwest University for Nationalities this March, but I just received notice that there are no more rooms available on campus. I’m wondering if anybody else is in the same position, possibly we could work together? I guess I’m a little worried about moving way across the world and not having a set place to stay, although I’m sure I’ll be able to figure something out once I’m on the ground.

If anybody knows someone who is looking for a roommate and in the relative vicinity of Southwest Chengdu (inside the third ring), I’m clean, friendly, I don’t smoke. I’m planning to study pretty seriously and so will be low-key. I’m not sure what rental prices go for, I won’t need much and was planning to live on campus for 800/mth., I could go up to 1000/mth.

Also, if anybody has any advice or experience in this area, I’d love to hear it! I’m a little in the dark on this topic, I’m afraid.

Keymaster

Honestly, you’re probably better off not living in the dorm anyway, there are a lot of apartments in that area of the city. Your university is just beyond the edge of the Yulin neighborhood, you can either live by yourself for probably around 1,200 or if you have a roommate your rent will be cheaper. Maybe someone will contact you here, but if not, finding an apartment will be much easier once you are actually in Chengdu.

Edit: This was just posted a few hours ago: Looking for a Room

Participant

Personally I’d like to see a room before committing to one. When I arrived I stayed in a hostel for a couple of weeks. They’re pretty cheap anyway and give you some time to look around. Especially below 1000 yuan it can be a hit or miss

Participant

OK, thanks everybody. I’ll give some thought to bumping my price range up a bit; 1000 yuan is still ridiculously cheap by American standards! Glad to know that I’m not heading into something that’s insanely difficult.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.