looking for: decent acoustic guitar

HomeForumsClassifiedsMarketplacelooking for: decent acoustic guitar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

So I’ll be moving to Chengdu for a year long internship in 47 days (WOOT! so excited!). And I’ve left all of my music equipment with my brothers while I’m abroad. Does anyone know of a place where I can purchase a decent acoustic guitar for relatively cheap? Also, I had read about a corner of some square or park in the city where musicians consistantly gather? Anyone have details about this? Cuz I’ll totally be down to jam once I get there and settled.

Keymaster

yo Peter,

There’s a music university in Chengdu which is the gathering point for many of the music shops in the city. You can get guitars, pianos, traditional Chinese instruments etc there and prices are pretty reasonable. I spent 700 yuan on an Epiphone dreadnought acoustic which is comparable to what you’d get in the states for about $100 – perfectly fine for me since I’m not a guitar wizard or anything.

Musicians hang out in People’s Park, but those are mostly traditional Chinese instruments and… old.. people. Jia Bar has jams all the time though, they have a drum kit and electric guitars and bass.

Welcome to Chengdu and to the site-

Thanks Charlie. That’s good to know that the university has a multitude of instruments. I’m quite keen on getting a Chinese flute as well.

Participant

ha ha, very glad to hear you want to learn Chinese flute

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Marketplace’ is closed to new topics and replies.