Looking for My Boyfriend in Chengdu

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsLooking for My Boyfriend in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Participant

East-south-east one. Definitely. You don’t see it because you’re not a white guy wandering around in the evening or the campus during the daytime. 😀

Participant

I think some of you guys are bias. Why Si Chuan Normal University students should be more interested in foreigners. I think that only girls who never travelled or studyed in western countries will be like that.

Participant

Erm guys..not helping..

Thanks anyway for the replies.

Participant

Aw Rick, you are so sweet! 🙂

Debra, I hope that you find him okay.

Quote:
    If you are his baby’s moma, hunt him down for child support.

ha ha ha ha ha

Participant

@tracy

Personal experience, stories from friends who taught there, and conversations with foreigners who lived nearby and found the area’s small bars overly aggressive.. I don’t know what it is, just absolutely believe it to be true. 😀

Participant

K, my next mission is to walk around Normal Uni at night looking, err, stalking for foreigners. See if this pans out. But the one i live near is the ‘Arts and Music’ Normal Uni, the one near Wanda plaza (east and south east) is where they have the language programs (met a few peeps that learned english from that campus and not the one near me, Longquan area).

Participant

Just to put this post back on track as I now it was started out of genuine concern. Debra, I don’t think you need to worry. I don’t know if this is the first time he lived abroad but I know when I first did years ago I completely dropped off the radar, for months at a time (not to scare you too much!). Time moves much more quickly and it sometimes hard to write for quite a few reasons. Like Rick said, contact his family. They might have a heard a little more.

He would be likely to contact his family first. If you are a bad boi like me he mightn’t have had that much. If he just over I’d imagine he is trying to contend with limited internet access and all the challenges that living here might have, quite a few more than other places I have lived. So, I think he is still trying to get on his feet and I am sure he will be in touch when he can.

BTW, thank fuck Celine Dion was a joke, and is Canadian!!

Participant

Aw Rick, you are so sweet! 🙂

Debra, I hope that you find him okay.

If you are his baby’s moma, hunt him down for child support.

ha ha ha ha ha

I hope that you find him….

Your guys had been together for 3y and he has not contacted you for 3 weeks! Debra, Stop stepping on! Let him go!!

Participant

How do I delete a thread?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    How do I delete a thread?

You can’t, the window for editing and deletion is 20 minutes. If there’s an issue, you can PM me.

Participant

You cant, this thread has already spawned a life of its own!!!

@Yan, be considerate, there could be logistical issues why he can not contact her.

@ Normal Uni.. I will start my journey into the night time abbyss for foreigner st@lking soon. Charging up my ebike and goin to ride it fatman style at 7 PM around the campus. Is 7PM considered too late? Hope this isn’t past the youngster’s bed time. Dont want to feel like a creeper doin this. Foreign hunting time 😛

Sorry Debra for my harsh voice

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Sorry Debra for my harsh voice

It seemed warranted to me. Here’s why:

Chengdu isn’t the kind of place where you aren’t connected unless don’t want to be. There are 3G phone networks, wi-fi everywhere you go, and telephones that cost as low as 100 yuan. I feel pretty confident that anyone who is out of touch for 3 weeks in Chengdu is willfully out of contact. Chengdu is extremely safe and I have never felt in danger here, ever. I don’t think any foreigner would feel in danger in Chengdu so I really, really doubt he’s the victim of some kind of crime or has disappeared.

Participant

Story just doesn’t make sense. Maybe crazy stalker girl afterall

Participant

NZROT.png

Participant

@ Charlie, I get kinda scared when I see 6-7 Chinese dudes (around 20 year oldish) walking up the street.. All with the same haircut and cloths style… Sure i can take on 3-4, but not 6-7.. Be wary…. 😛

But yea, minus my paranoia, its quite safe here than say… St. Louis.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    @ Charlie, I get kinda scared when I see 6-7 Chinese dudes (around 20 year oldish) walking up the street.. All with the same haircut and cloths style… Sure i can take on 3-4, but not 6-7.. Be wary…. 😛

Hahaha

The only time I’ve had any kind of trouble in Chengdu or elsewhere in China it has always been some kind of belligerent foreigner, never a Chinese person. In Chengdu especially, Chinese people are very friendly – but I don’t find them to be violent people in general, especially toward foreigners.

Participant

Maybe not in general, but once they snap it’s like they have no barriers whatsoever. I’ve seen quite a few broken bottles, chairs and wooden planks being thrown around by 5-10 drunk Chinese friends at a time. Mostly when they’re drunk out of their mind and think you’re hitting on one of their girlfriends. And above that we’re white, obv

Maybe Adrien hit on the wrong girlfriend

Quote:
    I get kinda scared when I see 6-7 Chinese dudes (around 20 year oldish) walking up the street.. All with the same haircut and cloths style

I laugh. The hairstyles that protrude 6 inches from their heads right? Dyed brown? And the super slim sheen suits?

Quote:
    Maybe Adrien hit on the wrong girlfriend

Poor Adrien…

TBH, I’d be more afraid if I was somewhere in 东北,but the typical “Chengdu man” is hardly a man at all.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.