Looking for Someone to Join a Gym With me

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLooking for Someone to Join a Gym With me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Megafit gym in Top City is having a promotion now where if two people sign up for a year at the same time the price is cut in half (1000ish rmb for a year), looking for someone to take this to the limit with me.

(note: we need not ever speak again once signed up)

Participant

So 1000 each?

Participant

I just called and asked since 1000ish was a bit sketch. Its 1300 for a year, each. Two years is like 1600 or something.

Did you already get someone to do this deal with you?

Are there also places in town where you can signup for a few months or so, since im only gonna be there for 4 months?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Are there also places in town where you can signup for a few months or so, since im only gonna be there for 4 months?

You can sign up at any gym month-to-month but you might have to shop around to find one with a reasonable price. Before I signed up at Megafit over a year ago I asked the manager about the month-to-month cost and his answer was: “trust me, you wouldn’t be interested, it’s a rip off”.

Participant

Several places will do a three month season card (季卡), or per visit cards(次卡) . Gym memberships are also usually quite high in bargaining margin, if you enjoy that. If not there are usually groupons available.

Participant

Pretty much any gym will sort of rip you off for the short term. It’s almost always some scheme like 180rmb for a week, 400RMB for one month, 800 for six and 1200 for a year.

Your best bet is to find one a nice hole in the wall full of swole elderly Chinese guys or get one of the big gyms while they have a promotion going on. I haven’t found one in Chengdu yet, but I found a great gym in Qingdao when I lived there that was like 80RMB a month and had Soviet era weights but was really well maintained and fun to go to.

Again I only know Megafit since I go there, but there were a few months last year where they had a 110-ish/month promotion which isn’t too bad. I think most of the big gyms do this every now and again.

Quote:
    I just called and asked since 1000ish was a bit sketch. Its 1300 for a year, each. Two years is like 1600 or something.

I think it’s around 1300 on that promotion right now, but will start rising up monthly over Spring. I still think MegaFit is the best gym for the money centrally.

A heads up for you guys and anyone else considering joining… The 5th floor of the building is currently for sale (80 million RMB if you can spare it), but it’s being sold with a provision to keep the gym operating until at least March 2014. This means you’re safe for a year, but then if the difference for an extra year is only another 300 RMB or so, I guess it’s an acceptable risk. Keep it in mind.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.