Lost Credit/debit card

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLost Credit/debit card

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

Need a little advice here, i lost my debit card. Not sure where i put it (or threw it for that matter). It wasn’t stolen, because i checked my online account and everything seems intact. I am wondering if anyone has been in this situation. If so, what can i do to get a replacement card? Only have a few bones in my pocket, needs to get money soon! Hopefully there isnt much red tape for a foreigner to get another card….

Also busted my head today, ran into one of those signs holstered onto a pole. It left a good shiner too, heh, i guess today isnt my day. 😀

Participant

It depends on the bank. Bank of China if you take in your passport and explain that you lost your card, they can switch your money to a new account and give you a new card on the spot. You can also order a new card, but then it takes a few days.

Participant

It depends on the bank. Bank of China if you take in your passport and explain that you lost your card, they can switch your money to a new account and give you a new card on the spot. You can also order a new card, but then it takes a few days.

Participant

Do you have your bank book? It shouldn’t be a problem if you take that or your passport in to the bank.

I’m sure* the construction bank charged me a small fee (10/20 rmb or so) and gave me one on the spot.

* My memory is sh!te so I might just be making it up.

Participant

Do you have your bank book? It shouldn’t be a problem if you take that or your passport in to the bank.

I’m sure* the construction bank charged me a small fee (10/20 rmb or so) and gave me one on the spot.

* My memory is sh!te so I might just be making it up.

Get to your bank asap with some ID and they will either reissue a card on the spot (China Construction Bank did this for me), or start the process. Try and go to the branch you opened your account in.

Get to your bank asap with some ID and they will either reissue a card on the spot (China Construction Bank did this for me), or start the process. Try and go to the branch you opened your account in.

Participant

Thanx for the advice everyone!

I indeed went to the bank where i first opened my account. They were really helpful. Allot of mistakes, like signing my last name first and first name last. They also had issues with lower case e and upper case E… Yea, progressive aint they? Banks in China are very meticulous when it comes to paperwork, waited 80 minutes for everything to be finished (add to that this little old lady with a crap load of documents needed to be stamped and many many small deposits…

On the flip side, i saw this dude deposit 150k RMB! 15 stacks of 100 100 bills! Insane, i highly doubt he was a farm worker.. Can someone make that much playing Mah Jong?

Participant

Thanx for the advice everyone!

I indeed went to the bank where i first opened my account. They were really helpful. Allot of mistakes, like signing my last name first and first name last. They also had issues with lower case e and upper case E… Yea, progressive aint they? Banks in China are very meticulous when it comes to paperwork, waited 80 minutes for everything to be finished (add to that this little old lady with a crap load of documents needed to be stamped and many many small deposits…

On the flip side, i saw this dude deposit 150k RMB! 15 stacks of 100 100 bills! Insane, i highly doubt he was a farm worker.. Can someone make that much playing Mah Jong?

Keymaster
    Quote:

Crazy. Does someone in China depositing hundreds of thousands of RMB even arouse any suspicion at all? Seems like an everyday occurrence, I have seen the same thing in the bank before. Never seen that in any other country before.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Crazy. Does someone in China depositing hundreds of thousands of RMB even arouse any suspicion at all? Seems like an everyday occurrence, I have seen the same thing in the bank before. Never seen that in any other country before.

I’ve lost count the number of times I’ve seen giant stacks of cash handed over at a bank counter, literally dumped out of big brown envelopes. Back home there’s just no way you could do that regularly and not end up being audited. It makes sense that there’s no official line on amounts deposited in a single transaction, if indeed that’s the case.

I’ve lost count the number of times I’ve seen giant stacks of cash handed over at a bank counter, literally dumped out of big brown envelopes. Back home there’s just no way you could do that regularly and not end up being audited. It makes sense that there’s no official line on amounts deposited in a single transaction, if indeed that’s the case.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.