Seeking Lost Parcel Info

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSeeking Lost Parcel Info

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone I am looking for any information regarding losing mail from overseas.

My friend sent me a large letter ( a few cards, letters from family members, put into one large envelope) 5 weeks ago via Royal Mail in the UK and I still haven’t received it. The address was in Chinese and English with telephone numbers of the recipient clearly marked.

Who should I contact to track the letter as it must have arrived in Chengdu but I don’t know where it is or how to get a hold of it, is there a lost mail office somewhere in the city, does international mail go to China Post or does EMS deliver, any information would be great thank you.

Participant

If you find a ‘lost letter’ place of sorts please update, I know of at least 3 different mailings of birthday/xmas cards sent to me that did not make it – while several packages to the same address have.. even went to a mail sorting place to search but came up empty.

Participant

Track down your local sorting office (for deliveries). However, from experience unless the post item was despatched in China they wont have a record of it so the best they did for me was to confirm that the postal address was valid.

I have long since given up on the Chinese mail as the only communications that arrive are not those I have solicited. This applies to both letters, packets and parcels including track and trace and registered. They seem to get as far as Shanghai and then disappear. I use a courier if it is important – perhaps those fly direct to Chengdu.

Participant

If you use expedite service than you should get your mail in just as short as 3 days, while for standard service like EMS or regular mail, then expect that your mail should come up to 60 days. In this period you most likely expect your mail is lost or nowhere to be found since regular mail is un-traceable specially if it is sent abroad. If you found that you mail is really that lost and already beyond the time-frame, then you should file complains and dispute if possible. Just next time, make sure that the printed envelop labels is in large font and are visible as sometimes unreadable fonts can leads to any confusions. Try to read some envelopes print at http://www.digitekprinting.com/envelopes on how this will help you in the future.

Participant

My local post office always had a big bunch of foreign mail that weren’t delivered, I regularly checked with them if they had something for me and every now and then there was, even if the address was correctly written.

Also, sometimes mail ends up at the office of the complex you are living in. Dont ask me why, I just know I found lost mail in more than one of those offices.

Daniel

It makes perfect sense actually. Your security guard/admin personnel receive a piece of mail with a foreign language on it. So they set it aside in a corner for eternity.

My security guards are actually pretty proactive and will show me international mail that they receive so that I can decipher where it should go to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.