Madlib @ East Music Park, Feb. 22

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMadlib @ East Music Park, Feb. 22

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Participant

February 22nd – East Music Park

Mode Presents

Madlib (Stones Throw / USA)

DJ Egon (Now-Again / USA)

DJ HBD (2 time China DMC Champion)

CDC – Chengdu City Rap Crew

Sweet! Looking forward to this show. Had I known sooner, I would have brought out my MF Doom kicks for this show.

Keymaster

So there are like 10 people opening for Madlib?

Participant

Niiiiice….

Ok Andy, you can now go ahead and offer up the standard Chengdu Living 5-10 free tix, I am ready….

Quote:
    Had I known sooner, I would have brought out my MF Doom kicks for this show.

Ooh.

Participant

Where is it? i mean Xiongmao club in East music park has shut down, hasn’t it?

Participant
    Quote:
    Sweet! Looking forward to this show. Had I known sooner, I would have brought out my MF Doom kicks for this show.

Nice!

Quote:
    So there are like 10 people opening for Madlib?

Two and a half hours of music planned before Madlib performs.

Quote:
    Ok Andy, you can now go ahead and offer up the standard Chengdu Living 5-10 free tix, I am ready….

haha, you might be waiting a while for that. Hows your knee? Did you get the operation?

Quote:
    Where is it?

New Venue, the back of it is opposite the toilets behind the big square. It’s easily the biggest venue I’ve seen here and the soundsystem / lights are the best in Chengdu. I’ll post a map nearer the time and it’ll be signposted on the night.

Participant

Where and when can I buy tickets. My friends and I don’t want to miss this!

Participant

sounds awesome! i’ll be there for sure!

Participant

shit i’m flying back to Beijing on Feb 22nd…

seems like its gonna be a no-party winter vacation

Participant
    Quote:
    Where and when can I buy tickets. My friends and I don’t want to miss this!

Details on how to buy advanced tickets will be coming out soon.

Quote:
    shit i’m flying back to Beijing on Feb 22nd…

Aw man, no luck! He’s performing in beijing on the 21st.

Participant
    Quote:
    Aw man, no luck! He’s performing in beijing on the 21st.

my ex is going back to australia on 23rd, so i booked the ticket of the flight on 22nd morning. any other party before that?

Participant

CDC are playing next Saturday at the little bar, will be worth checking out.

Has anybody bee to a club called 妲己II? I ended up in there Friday night for the Monster Bass Party with Loco (EAB) and an American producer called Bassterd. Was surprised by how good the venue and sound were. It’s near lan town at jiu yan qiao, opposite Muse on the 2nd floor.

Participant

i saw the info of that party on douban… buuut i’m not really into dubstep stuff,,,

btw breakbot is coming to china in a few days, but only in shanghai

Keymaster
    Quote:
    btw breakbot is coming to china in a few days, but only in shanghai

Too bad he’s not coming to Chengdu, I saw him last year and it was really fun.

Quote:
    Has anybody bee to a club called 妲己II? I ended up in there Friday night for the Monster Bass Party with Loco (EAB) and an American producer called Bassterd.

How was that? I got a text message about it but didn’t see it until Saturday morning.

Participant
    Quote:
    Too bad he’s not coming to Chengdu, I saw him last year and it was really fun.

omg u saw him? Where was it? Normally big djs don’t come to chengdu, except that in 2011 panda music festival dj shadow came here…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    omg u saw him? Where was it? Normally big djs don’t come to chengdu, except that in 2011 panda music festival dj shadow came here…

It was at Coachella, in California. As much fun as Breakbot was, Justice blew that away. Probably because they were on the main stage though, while Breakbot was in one of the tents.

I know what you mean about big dj’s coming to Chengdu. Madlib is kind of big though, at least in underground hip hop. It seems like all the big dj’s from the last few years play hip hop. Fine with me!

Participant
    Quote:
    It was at Coachella, in California. As much fun as Breakbot was, Justice blew that away.

omg omg JUSTICE!!! thats Coachella, isn’t it…

unluckily, i guess i lost interest in hiphop quite a few years ago, but i’ve been to a party in dada beijing in Dec where those djs are doing a project called 87fei87, mainly hiphop, dubstep, drum & bass, skweee. They call it taxi tape music, and they even gave out their magnetic tapes during the party.

Participant

DJ DSK added to the line-up.

Participant

bump…

Slim’s Return

PS – How do you add a video from youku? Tried the same coding but it doesn’t work.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.