Make 150 Kuai while learning self-defense/martial arts

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsMake 150 Kuai while learning self-defense/martial arts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, my names Dave. I am a physician doing research here, and I also love martial arts. I practice a martial art called ‘precision fighting’, a lot about where you strike, and about body position. I need a practice partner. The 150 would be for an hour and a half. I could do it every day, it just depends on your schedule. I should say I am only here for 10 days, but I will be back, so more money would be coming your way

Are you looking for a skilled martial artist to practice with, or just someone who can hang in there for 90 minutes each day?

Participant

Contact? Protective gear provided?

Participant

I would not trust another dudes gear (if its something that one wears… i.e. shin guards, mouth piece, cup). But if its pads then sure its good.

Once he gets his dojo up, ill go in and do a ‘dojo storm’ :P.

But yea one of my instructors did this, rather than paying someone, he used his students as dummies. He would make them wear Barney like costumes with motorcycle helmets and they still got beat into a concussion… Fast..

Participant

Protection? That’s what your ribs are for…

Participant
    Quote:
    Protection? That’s what your ribs are for…

thats what she said….

Participant

Wow, lots of replys. So I’ll just spell out exactly what I do, so no one has to talk about trusting other gear, breaking ribs. So, I bought two protective masks. One I cut out all the foam. The only place I strike, I placed about a foot of foam there in addition to what as there. This isn’t sparring, cause it is self-defense. I wear thick boxing gloves, and only use palm strikes. So, you throw a punch, and I either parry or move in, then strike the area which has like a foot of foam, then get in position to either do a foot sweep ( I do not do it), or a throw (I may lift you up, but not actually throw). We also might do a fun little drill where we each try to either lift the other person up like a throw, do an outside sweep ( no practicing inside sweeps, cause then you risk wrapping up your legs and someone destroying their knee ligaments), or trying to get behind the person. Also, I practice getting behind the attacker and using a choke. with the face mask’s padding, I can’t even contact your neck, but it is getting in position. I also have you do choke holds or rear bear hugs. But those are so I can practice bending my knees and moving. Those would have almost no contact. So, that is what we would do. I am actually about to put more padding on the face mask. And, even though I have done martial arts for like 8 years, I am definitely not opening up any dojos:)During all of it, I would love to say why I am doing what i am doing. Cause the idea of this self defense system is you learn few moves, but learn them really well, as opposed to learning a ton of moves. Also, if anything seems to uncomfortable, we just don’t do it.

Best,

Dave

Participant

not sure if its convenient for you, but you can find more than enough people, wooden dummies etc if you follow these links:

Kung Fu Family in Chengdu

https://www.chengduliving.com/kung-fu-dreams/

Participant

Well, for the rest of the people on the list, I am a little disappointed that one of the posts seems to have scared people off. I am NOT a teacher/shifu, ect. I don’t hire training partners to beat them up. But anyways, Sascha, that sounds amazing. I would love to experience this. In fact, since my experiences are with BJJ, Judo, Kickboxing, and the whole western self-defense movement (anything that will disable an attacker), doing this would be almost like one of the final pieces of the puzzle. Problem is I am only here this time for one week (I am a physician, and I go back to earn money, then come back here and volunteer/get some time to train in martial arts). Would Master Li allow a student to come and experience his style, which I am sure is amazing, for 1-2 days, with a plan to return?

Thanks,

Dave

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.