Martial Arts for Beginners?

HomeForumsIn ChengduMartial Arts for Beginners?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

After a year living here and not finding my regular activities, I’ve decided to go for something new and get bruised.

Would you know where to find a good place/club to start learning martial arts? I was thinking in the line of boxing, karate… something to blow off some steam 🙂

Thank you guys very much! Looking forward to getting my first punch in the face

Cheers,

Quentin

Participant

Hello Quentin,

I’d be happy to work with you after Spring Festival. I am currently in the United States, but I will be back in Chengdu in early February. I have studied muay thai in Thailand, sanda in China, boxing in the Philippines, and a bit of MMA all over the place. I’m also an ISSA certified personal trainer with a Crossfit level 1 certification and a TRX Suspension Trainer certification. I trained people in Chengdu 2 years ago and worked at a UFC gym in Denver last summer.

Feel free to send me a message via WeChat. My WeChat ID is CGlenn80.

Keymaster

If you’re interested in Brazilian jiu jitsu, JerryS (a forum member) is a black belt and teaches here in Chengdu. But kung fu is the main local martial art, if you want to learn the regional variety of martial art.

Participant

Hey Collin!

Thanks a lot for your answer and sorry for the delay in mine!

I’d be very interested to meet you and figure what would be the best course of action.

Thanks to you too Charlie :)*

Good day!

Quentin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.