Easily one of the most fun parties I’ve been to in Chengdu/China! Does anyone have more pictures?May 1, 2013 at 9:38 am #30988
– Luna, Kafe, Shady, Justin, Nichifanlemei, Marco, Cvalda, and all the performers!
– Marco for bringing your own sound system and playing outside and upstairs!
– Gas for making super dope graffiti inside our courtyard!
– Dieter for bringing 5 kegs of your Chengdu brewed Sichuan beer!
– Hise, Jacob, Larry, Eugene, Enrique, and Chris for helping bring everything together!
– God for incredible weather, two days in a row!
– Dan, Mandeep, and Lily for being beasts in the kitchen!Quote:I have a feeling that, given how awesome ths sounds, and the cancellation of zebra, this will be wildly successful. Just playing devil’s advocate here (been called a devil a few times), but in the event that a crowd of say, 1000 turn up, have contingency plans been made to deal with this massive influx of inebriated humanity…? ie. toliet facilities/ security (Brendan)/ first aid/ counsellors/post-party clean up (Brendan again)?
About 400 people showed up. The house was packed, in front, out back, upstairs, and downstairs. Fortunately no one was injured and incredibly, nothing at the house was broken!Quote:Is that ture?If so,I am just so damn lucky to be in tha part of the Craziest! I met the real Charlie and the real Fat Shady,unforgettable!Quote:hank you dear friends! It definitely was THE best house party I’ve ever been to 😉 very good good welcome from the Chengdoo wodoo people 😉
Nice to meet you both!Quote:Any chance such party will take a place in the nearest future again?
Yup. It will be announced soon.May 1, 2013 at 11:11 am #30993
There really aren’t enough photos of this party.May 1, 2013 at 12:43 pm #30994
Big ups to Ye Ming for bringing the fireworks!May 1, 2013 at 1:12 pm #30995
Need to edit the video of the ride from natooke shop to the party and a few clubs from the party 😉May 1, 2013 at 2:55 pm #31000
Had a B.L.A.S.T.
A big thank you to everyone involved!May 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm #31002
It was great but how do I get home?May 2, 2013 at 7:34 am #31021
Chris ZiichModeratorQuote:It was great but how do I get home?
We are aware of this problem and will find solutions for the next party. Our ideas include getting a bus or a bunch of vans ready to cart you drunkards back into the city as well as informing the 3wheelers and taxi cabs up front with our location to get in easier.May 2, 2013 at 8:37 am #31028
BrendanModeratorQuote:It was great but how do I get home?
I noticed when I left shortly after midnight that aside from a couple of taxi’s arriving there were none available out on the main road. The area was pretty much deserted at that time, and in total darkness. Setting something up for transport would be a big plus.May 2, 2013 at 8:40 am #31029Quote:We are aware of this problem and will find solutions for the next party.
We have a list of other improvements that we’re making between now and the next event, also.
– More lighting outside, in the standing and seated areas as well as where the ping pong table is
– More food (we ran out of burgers and pizza fast), stuff that requires less preparation
– A more organized sleeping plan. We’ll see how that works out though – this last time there were a dozen people passed out against walls all around the house, in lawn chairs outside, etc.
– More seating outside, hammocks, etcMay 2, 2013 at 8:54 am #31030
Oops!! I was just kidding that I was still there!
Didn’t have any problems getting back after midnight.
For a first party, with no idea of numbers and little time between Zebra cancellation to party I’d say you should pat yourselves on the backs.May 2, 2013 at 9:01 am #31032
…name badges….May 2, 2013 at 9:01 am #31033Quote:For a first party, with no idea of numbers and little time between Zebra cancellation to party I’d say you should pat yourselves on the backs.
Honestly, I probably had more fun there than at every Zebra combined. We feel great about it and we’re glad that so many people came and had fun. I still think it’s incredible that no one was injured, nothing was broken, and there were no fist fights. That was the most insane house party without damages that I’ve seen.Quote:…name badges….
That’s funny, but actually a good idea. Next time I’ll put a big Chengdu Living logo on a wall somewhere and that can be a meeting point.May 2, 2013 at 9:04 am #31034
LOL.May 2, 2013 at 9:09 am #31035
Epic!!! No party that I’ve been to in Chengdu comes even close in terms of the sheer energy, cheapness of beer and unadulterated party spirit.May 2, 2013 at 9:11 am #31037
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.