Metro Now Open to Longquan / Hiking

HomeForumsIn ChengduMetro Now Open to Longquan / Hiking

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The road bends round and goes down hill for about 200 meters.  At the end of the road is the base and a protected tree which is accessible to the public. The road ends at the base.

I usually go to Alien face first, but your route was much better as you get to catch the sunset.

The old temple route is off road.  I worked out another route today on road.  I will post soon.

Did you take any pics?

Participant

Thanks for warning me that it’s all concrete, I was looking for a place to go jogging but my knees hates running on concrete.

Also being stopped by army guys did not sound good to me, when running long distances I have to look a bit like a ninja so I think that could potentially be very dangerous if they see a ninja looking laowai running towards them.

Participant

The last picture is the best, had great rays of sunshine breaking through the clouds and lighting up the houses…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Hi Ian,

I used your map this weekend for walk to Alien Face and back to the village – thank you very much! Although the weather was a bit murky, it was nice to experience some silence out in the countryside.

If you have any more routes to share, I’d be really grateful!

Thanks

Rache

Participant

Glad you enjoyed the walk Rache.  I have been cycling that route on clear days…. hope you got to see the alien face.

Participant

Hi Ian,

Yes, we spotted the face on the way back from the tree next to the army base. When we stopped to take a couple of photos of the tree, we could hear singing coming from within the base which added a surreal quality to the whole trip!

It looks like a great place to go biking and I saw a lot of people on road and downhill bikes, so I guess there must be some nice routes around there.

Is there any other similar walking around Chengdu? I’ve visited Emei Shan, Qingchen Shan in the hope I find something similar to the UK Lake District.. but I’m still trying to find what I’m looking for!

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.