MMA "Madman" vs Tai Ji "Master"

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMMA "Madman" vs Tai Ji "Master"

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Avatar photoRay.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys. A series of videos from an exhibition match in Chengdu between MMA and Tai Ji went viral last night. I put together my own edit of the videos that were sent to me. Enjoy.

link to video on youtube

Keymaster

Wow that was pretty brutal. Feel kinda bad for the taiji guy, he should not have volunteered for that.

Participant

Yeah, it was a bit of a sideshow. Xu Xiaodong, the MMA fighter, has said that he will continue to accept challenges from traditional martial artists. He even said that he will offer 1.2 million rmb in prize money. I’m guessing that this isn’t the last match we will see.

Keymaster

That is a good way for him to self promote. Taiji and traditional Chinese martial arts clearly do not excel in this type of situation…

Participant

It was even more embarrassing that the Taiji Guy said in the interview after he was “kicked ass “in 20 seconds that the reason why he failed was because he did not want to kill that fighter, so he was holding back. If he used powerful Taiji, the fighter’s lung, heart, liver etc. would have been seriously destroyed. He did not want to go to prison. Lol.

Keymaster

It was even more embarrassing that the Taiji Guy said in the interview after he was “kicked ass “in 20 seconds that the reason why he failed was because he did not want to kill that fighter, so he was holding back. If he used powerful Taiji, the fighter’s lung, heart, liver etc. would have been seriously destroyed. He did not want to go to prison. Lol.

I feel less bad for him now

Participant

i heard Bellator is interested in signing them for a re-match 🙂

Participant

Rogan has some interesting comments on this incident in today’s podcast #962 with Jocko Willink . Skip to the 1:32:00 min. mar….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.