MMA & Muay Thai in Wenjiang

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMMA & Muay Thai in Wenjiang

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Chengduers,

Li Qing Muay Thai Gym in Wenjiang is now offering MMA classes every Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 7 – 8:30 pm. All classes are taught in English and all levels are welcomed.

Muay Thai is also offered and the trainer is very good. The gym is normally open everyday, other than Tuesday, from 4 – 8:30 pm.

The Chinese address is 温江李庆泰拳馆,温江区鱼凫路291号. The phone number is 18140208958. The WeChat is lhtq28006.

You can also contact me on WeChat at CGlenn80.

Come by and give it a try. We hope to see you soon!

Keymaster

Is there anything like this available in the city? It’s a real shame that this is so far away.

Participant

A friend of mine used to train Muay Thai somewhere around Jiuyanqiao with a bunch of badass Chinese guys. All I know is that he was the only foreigner and there was a boxing ring. I’ll ask about specifics and drop them in here.

Keymaster

A friend of mine used to train Muay Thai somewhere around Jiuyanqiao with a bunch of badass Chinese guys. All I know is that he was the only foreigner and there was a boxing ring. I’ll ask about specifics and drop them in here.

Appreciated!

Participant

Hi! Keen to bump this and inquire about the options for martial arts in Chengdu – am looking at coming to China later this year to purse some study and training options are a big factor.  Have been at a decent Krav Maga school at home for two years and am basically looking to keep up both stand up and ground game.  Have heard Jerry’s BJJ classes mentioned a bit which are hopefully still around? Any intel on the current state of options for boxing/Muay Thai would be much appreciated 🙂

Keymaster

Jerry’s BJJ school is definitely still around. It has grown considerably since I interviewed him, in fact. Aside from his, there are a few other BJJ training options in the city now, also (one at B-Active gym in Tongzilin which is no-gi and another nearby at a gym called Up). As for Krav Maga I haven’t heard anything, I’d be a little more surprised if that is around, but it’d be cool to see some info shared on that if anyone has it.

Muay thai: there is an S1 gym, but it is super far away, outside the city to the northwest. It is a great training facility, though. I believe there is a post about it here on the forum with more info.

Participant

Thanks Charlie, I’d heard of S1 but only vaguely that it existed.  Yes agree re: Krav Maga, have spotted a decent looking school in Beijing but nothing apart from that.  As long as I can keep up something on the ground and something standing up I’m happy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.